best pitchers you have ever faced

WH05

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danielle Catalano is the best high school pitcher I have ever seen. Her junior year she pitched two of the most memorable games in state tournament history against two other great high school pitchers, Karissa Lowery and Mandy Miles. She owns just about every record for pitching at Coffee County and is having a very good season this year at Lipscomb. Oh, and she's pretty hot too. ;)

Posted by DTbone:

Hey cornpup. No disrespect, but this BS as you call it, about a 100 MPH fastball is probably correct. If I'm not mistaken the fastest thrown ball in either baseball or softball ever was recorded by a fastpitch pitcher. I was lucky enough to play ASA Men's Class A ball all around this country and faced many pitchers that threw in the 80 to 90 MPH range, and like I said that was just Class A ball not Major A. I am too young to have faced Jarfly (thank goodness) but what these people are saying just might be true.

David Terrebonne

Head Coach

Cumberland County High School

I remember reading about a fastpitch pitcher in Sports Illustrated several years ago. He threw 111 mph. It is not uncommon for men to throw over 100. Men's fastpitch is not played like it used to be.

When men are pitching at or near the mentioned speeds, from what distance are they pitching? 40 feet? 43 feet? 46 feet?

Do men's fastpitch teams play on 300' rec ball fields with longer base paths? Who knows how fast the King and His Court (can't think of his name??) was able to throw? The only man I have ever witnessed throw fastpitch was "the KING" and also Marvin Burke of Chattanooga. Does anyone know how fast Marvin can throw?

Eddie Feigner is "The King". The following is an excerpt from an article written last May by David Schoenfield of ESPN about the greatest pitches of all time.

Eddie Feigner's fastball

Eddie who? OK, we're cheating. Feigner was a fastpitch softball pitcher -- but, hey, we never said we were sticking to baseball. Feigner was once timed at 104 mph ... and remember, he's pitching closer to home plate. In a two-inning exhibition in 1967, he fanned Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Brooks Robinson, Maury Wills, Harmon Killebrew and Roberto Clemente. He's nearing 80, but "The King" still tours with his "Court."