Best Fields

CoachSR

I started this tread to hear opinions on HS Softball fields....NOT HS softball fans.

I've coach many games at CC's field during travel ball. Great field to play on ! Congrates go out to everyone that have left their sweat out there working on it to make it what it is !

Now....Lets hear about some of the other HS fields :(

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are very proud of our field in Lincoln County and are continously making more improvements each year. For you people that continue cutting down Coffee County we at Lincoln County look up to their program. In fact look at Coffee Countys field and then ours and you can see very easy who we modeled our facility from. Now we are not copying them by no means but sure like what they have done and useing theirs as a model for ours. As far as their fans and playesrs we enjoy the hospitality each year and know that at any time anywhere problems can arise. From what ive seen they took care of their fan problem and took care of it quick as anyone else would do. I just wish eveytime we played it was the same atmosphere as when you take on Coffe County. You know before they come to your place or go to theirs your in for a dog fight but it is a friendly dog fight so whats wrong with that. Good luck to all teams this year.

One of the nicest fields I have ever seen for a high school team is in Hoover, Alabama. It is better than most college fields that I have seen. Hoover also has a good JV field that is better than the average field around middle Tennessee. What is different in funding of public schools in Alabama that allows such facilities to exists? Hoover has an exceptional field for their varsity team. I have heard that Goodpasture has a nice field, although I have never seen it.

Hoover is in one of the most exclusive areas of the state,

(much like Germantown or Belle Meade in Tennessee).

It probably was not the state of Alabama that funded the

stadium, their tax base is just as messed up as Tennessee's.

There are a lot of nice stadiums in Alabama now, but they

were either funded by booster clubs or are in city parks.

Hoover has one of the top programs (maybe the top) in Alabama, another good one is Huntsville-Grissom.

;)