Best Fields

CoachSR

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the fans, it's just a few teenage boys that had it explained to them last year after their outbursts that it won't be tolerated. We love our fans to be loud but we don't want to be rude. Some have trouble distinguishing between the two but maybe that's taken care of now. Rudeness runs rampid at several fields across the state (unnamed) but we strongly push for that not to happen at Coffee County. We strongly believe in putting on a great atmosphere and try to make it something people will remember with the great speaker system, bleachers and new scoreboard. The rude thing is not what we want to be remembered for. We hope for all to enjoy themselves at Coffee County and take home an experience to remember in the "Great" column for years to come. :(:)

coffe co. does have a really nice field. i have to agree with all of you on that one. although most the time it is just a few people being rude in the stands, i think that some of the parents help, along with those "two kids" in the stands. they have cow bells and scream rude things also. i have no doubt that you might have asked them to stop, and hopefully they do.

Just wanted to let the board know I am so proud that no other high school in the state of Tn. has a problem with not even one fan in their stands except CC. We admit we have had some boys in our stands that were called down in the past. If any school can say they haven't ever heard someone in the stands say something uncalled for than you are either blessed, deaf or don't have any fans show up. Our penalty was not because our "parent" said something to a player or coach it was in a parking lot after the game about an umpire that unfairly cost a team a possible state championship. And while we are on the subject the whistle you guys hear from our stands is from a man that is paralyzed on his left side and brings a whistle because he can't clap his hands to show his support. Believe me you had rather hear his whistle than is mouth. Sorry James! Thanks for all the positive comments about our field. Alot of people have worked very hard to make it the best it can be for our team. But please remember the past is the past and the present is the present our girls have paid a very high price for something that didn't even contribute to. Think about how that would make you feel.

Who cares if CC has some unruly fans. Have any of you ever heard the words "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE". Well, if you have, then hellbent fans fall under that category. "Oh but NO, how dare someone say something rude to my little princess". Get real people, it's part of sports and in my opinion it adds a little fun to the whole thing. Many rivalries are started due to unruly fans. Where would sports be without any rivalries. Quit cryin' ya big sissies!!!!