Coach of the Year?

PUMMELKING

See, that is what I think the REAL Coach of the Year should be. One who is more than just the winningest coach, but who is there day in day out for his kids. And as the previous fellows posted, not to take anything away from those winning coaches, but someone who gives the more than 100% expected on the mat, who looks after and leads his guys.

[Edited by JustWrestle on 3-6-03 10:28A]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JustWrestle, So are you saying that the coaches that win more than coach Cook aren't as good to their wrestlers as coach Cook? Or would you agree that if there are other coaches out there that have just as good of relationships with their wrestlers as coach Cook but they happen to win more than he does then they would be better picks for a coach of the year award?

Factoring in dedication to their sport and to their wrestlers Coach Logsdon does that and so much more. HBK, Maybe you should spend a week with him and see what everyone in Cleveland can see. He is an inspiration to everyone around him (wrestlers or not). I can't say that people may not love it more than he does but when you see the effort and time he puts into his preparation then your eyes might open a little bit. I am not knocking any other coaches. There are alot of guys that do a good job. Coach of the year has nothing to do with past years, if so it would be Coach of the years. Anyway, this isnt an argument. It is an award. I think Coach Logsdon deserves it.

Bearlock

Bearlock, Those of us who know Coach Logsdon for more than just his championships agree that he is very deserving of awards. Not only does he win championships he molds our wrestlers into gentlemen and sets a good example for them to follow. I think it's funny how some on here think that if you win championships then you must be a bad guy or something. What they don't realize is that Coach Logsdon is just as good a person as he is a coach. Also, there are those who are just tired of getting beat by Bradley that their answer is that "It's getting old for the same guys winning all the time. Let someone else win." Thank goodness they can't vote about who the champions are....those still have to be earned on the mat. Go Bears!

Posted by Mobee1:

JustWrestle, So are you saying that the coaches that win more than coach Cook aren't as good to their wrestlers as coach Cook? Or would you agree that if there are other coaches out there that have just as good of relationships with their wrestlers as coach Cook but they happen to win more than he does then they would be better picks for a coach of the year award?

I had to go back and actually read my post because you confused me half to death. What I have said, and what I said earlier is that I think there is more to being the coach of the year than just being the winningest coach. I believe that coaching extends beyond the mat or the playing field.

Guest Headtap

No one is trying to bash Coach Logsdon or Bradley Wrestling. Let me first say that I have seen Bradley wrestlers and I am impressed of the way they act on and off the mat. Usually you do catch yourself judging that they win all the time so they must be arrogant. But they are exactly the opposite. Now back to my point yes Logsdon is great but winning championships doesnt make you coach of the year. We need to look at teams who have made the turn around for the better. That takes a great coach to turn around a losing program...... Please take this as no disrespect.