Coach of the Year?

PUMMELKING

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CW, let's be fair. He won and dominated DI. Maybe he's the DI coach of the year, but to crown him coach of the year is a bit of a stretch. I'd say DI goes to Franklin, DII to Notre Dame.

CoachBray, Makes sense to me all Logsdon does is win championships and develops champions so you and others think he shouldn't be named coach of the year.(Huh!) I don't know if what you said is true or not (Cookeville doesn't have a feeder program?) but if it is true then I would suggest that if Coach Cook is to be considered in the same class as Steve Logsdon then he should start a feeder program. I think there are many good coaches and several of them did outstanding jobs this year, but I find your remarks about feeder programs insulting because it suggests it all comes easy for Coach Logsdon. Any good coach would or should start a feeder program and booster club to support the high school team and to Steve Logsdon's credit he has those things in place as does teams like Soddy Daisy, Cleveland and East Ridge to name a few. Something else you should consider is not every wrestler that wears a Bradley singlet is a great athlete but because of hard work and training they usually beat wrestlers from other programs with more athletic ability and that is a credit to Coach Logsdon as well. Coach Logsdon has been and continues to be a major part of the feeder programs and booster club. Since winning his 11th state championship, Logsdon has already been to some of the kids club practices. He will start freestyle practices in another week. He will also have open practice rooms throughout the spring and summer. During the summer 5-6 days a week you should go by his house at 7am and you'll find anywhere from 12-24 former and current wrestlers ready to run several miles and then bike several more. When school starts back in the Fall, the wrestlers that aren't involved with football will go through pre-season conditioning(weightlifting/running/conditioning competitions). When wrestling practice starts in November Coach Logsdons begins to mold his team into a championship team through hard work, intense training and dedication. His wrestlers are technically, physically, and mentally ready when February rolls around. I also want to say that while Coach Logsdon teaches his wrestlers to be champions on the mat he sets an example for them to be champions off the mat as well. That's why Bradley wins and that's why Coach Logsdon should be Coach of the Year regardless how you want to look at it.

As LovinIt stated earlier, "Bradley wrestled 364 days of the year taking only Christmas off" McCallie in the mean time had a vigorous practice at noon on Christmas, followed by a trip to Bethlehem, PA. (Where the competition is much tougher than the VA Duals) I guess that extra one day makes McCallie that much better than Bradley. It's too bad they didn't wrestle.