Volunteer Falcons

LetsGoirish

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volunteer v. David Crockett Saturday (today) at 2:00 pm at David Crockett's field for the championship of the tournament. When was the last time Volunteer played in the championship game of two tournaments in one year?

[Edited by CHHS72 on 3-29-03 5:51P]

Guest southgator

I have not seen anything to impress me from the volunteer baseball team sure they are 8-3 but can't handle press if they were 10-1 i would show some love for them. i know they fell to piece against north and central, and got luck very luck against greene devils once they get some of that dead weight out of the dugout mainly the senior class (little to no talent)

southgator,

On what do you base your assessment of Volunteer's baseball team. I do not think a 3-2 loss (North) constitutes falling apart. They did not play well against Chuckey-Doak. Every team has those days. Against Central the pitchers walked a few and Central got some timely hits, got a lead and Volunteer was not able to come back in the botttom of the seventh. None of that appears to be falling apart under pressure.

You could not have been at the Greeneville game if you think Volunteer's win was luck. The winning hit was off of their best pitcher. There was only one out when the winning run was scored. I thought it showed a lot of heart to comeback they way they did in the bottom of the seventh.

As to our seniors I would have to disagree also. Tim Offiero is the leadoff hitter and plays centerfield and has played very good. Dee Charles plays rightfield, centerfield and shortstop and has played very good defense and has had some timely hits. Jared Anderson pithches and has been as good as anyone on the staff. Rick Eidson is a reserve outfielder who has had some timely hits.

I do not understand the reason for your comments. No one has been on here claiming that Volunteer is a world beater. We are proud of their accomplishments so far. No one has trashed any other team.

Guest southgator

illpete23 who are you? have you been to a game this year? who is CHHS72? you must be a teacher at volunteer then. I have been to several game around the area, including a few north, D-B, and several volunteer games

I've not seen that many games but I sure don't think Volunteer falls apart under pressure. I am impressed with the Volunteer club. As a matter of fact the whole program, in all sports, seems to be going to the next level. Volunteer will no longer be a doormat for the Watauga Conference. Talk is talk, we'll just have to stomp our own snakes.

Guest southgator

When were the Volunteer team know as the doormat for the Watauga Conference. Sure they have had state champions in track and tennis but not baseball or softball. But football and basketball has turn around totally.