Westview upsets Dyer County!!!!

ryan

I have two concerns:

1) Can Westview get over such a great win and avoid a let down. They can beat the 4 seed out of 14AA. It is not unlikely.

2) Dyer Co. has had two lackluster perfomances in their last three games.

Union City will have to win on the strength of their defense, Obion on their offense. I hope it happens, but I doubt it.

By the way, congrats to Coach Sisco on the well deserved Coach of the Year award. I was also impressed with the way he walked over to Hopkins and Britt and shook their hands after receiving the award.

Lots of class, just like his dad. :)

[Edited by thebeave on 2-26-03 11:47P]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shane did deserve the award, no doubt. he really showed the kind of person he is when he shook thier hands. his dad was the exact same way and was by the far one of the best coaches the state has ever seeni do hope westview gets over their big win and dont expect anyone to hand it to them.... dyer co has got to give brian fisk some help. antonio,matt,montrelle all need to step it up as well as robert. courtny and brian are probably the most consistent on offense. hopefully they realize no one is gonna lay down for them...

Guest beavers2781

I WAS AT GIBSON COUNTY MONDAY NIGHT.

(1) DYER COUNTY DIDN'T PLAY TO THEIR CAPACITY THAT THEY COULD HAVE PLAYED.THEY WERE TAKING THREE POINTS SHOTS WHEN THEY COULD HAVE EASILY WORKED THE BALL INSIDE.

(2) WESTVIEW PLAYED A GOOD GAME AND WHEN MARLON BRIGHT WAS IN FOUL TROUBLE THEY BROUGHT A YOUNG GUY IN #14 THAT I THINK PLAYED A GOOD GAME.THERE WAS ALSO A YOUNG KID NAME BOOKER THAT PLAYED AN EXCEPTIONAL GAME INSIDE.THEN THERE WAS JASON BLACK WHO DID NOTHING BUT CONTROL THE BASKETBALL GAME TO WESTVIEW STYLE OF PLAYING.HE SLOWED THE TEMPO OF THE GAME.THEY HELD THE BALL A LONG TIME BEFORE THEY TOOK A SHOT.I HEARD THAT THEY HELD THE BALL FOR AT LEAST 2 MINUTES AND 16 SECONDS ONE POSSESSION.

(3) WESTVIEW GOT SEVERAL OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS AND SCORED OFF THEM. DYER COUNTY GOT OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS AND COULDN'T SCORE.DYER COUNTY HAD SOME POOR SHOT SELECTIONS.

(4) IN THE FIRST HALF COACH BRITT FROM WESTVIEW WAS JUMPING UP AND DOWN AND RANTING ABOUT SOME OF THE CALLS.WHEN HIM AND HIS TEAM CAME OUT IN THE SECOND HALF HE WAS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON HE WAS CALM AND COLLECTIVE AND HE OUT COACHED COACH HOPKINS IN THE SECOND HALF,AND HIS TEAM OUT PLAYED DYER COUNTY.

(5) AS STATED SO MANY TIMES ON HERE.THE OFFICIATING WAS BAD ON BOTH SIDES.NOT JUST DYER COUNTY BUT ALSO WESTVIEW.

(6) IT SEEMED LIKE ON MONDAY NIGHT DYER COUNTY GOT FRUSTRATED AND LOST THEIR ABILITY TO PLAY.DYER COUNTY BETTER GET ON TRACK OR THEY WILL BE GOING TO THE REGION FINALS AS A SPECTATOR.DYER COUNTY HASN'T PLAYED UP TO THEIR RANKING ALL YEAR.IF THEY PLAN ON WINNING THE REGION THEY BETTER GET BACK TO THE BASICS AND PLAY BALL.

I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO COACH T AND THIS FINE WEBSITE AND GOOD LUCK TO DC,WESTVIEW,OBION COUNTY,AND UNION CITY BOYS AND ALSO TO WESTVIEW,GIBSON COUNTY,OBION COUNTY AND UNION CITY GIRLS THURSDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS.

i think he means crockett girls not UC girls in the previous post

DC is not out yet, but they will be if they keep trying to go one on one all game

where is this great x's and o's, made me sick to watch the other night

i bet they had 30 possessions where there was either 1 pass or 0 passes

last week in a loss to ripley they had 2 assists --- 2 ASSISTS!!!!!! --- good teams get that in 2 minutes much less a whole game

and this is why i think crittendon should not be the point, let fisk run the point

they may wake up and start playing or at least i hope so

I disagree with your post about Westview. You said that this MW team was about 10th in the last 20 years, but really this team is better in my opinion. They have a different type of team, but they are still good. They have a quick team, but if they waste the clock 2 mins and still get a lay-up, it is a good thing. Whoever they play, it will be a close game, especially in the regionals.