Westview upsets Dyer County!!!!

ryan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great to see the Chargers play their best game when it counted against a tough Dyer Co. team. I guess the boys finally bought into Coach Britt's plan for a patient, slow down game, waiting for the best shots. Congrats to Booker,Black and Bright for making the All District team!! Great job Cedano and Hill- great defense and ball handling. It's been a long time since both girls and boys teams have been #1 in the district. Your fans are behind you! Take on District 14 with confidence and playing smart! Get up 'view!!! :o

One of the lamest excuses after a team has lost is to say the officiating was lopsided and then quote the foul totals.

First of all, some teams DO foul more than others! Secondly, the game sometimes dictates that a team foul more...such as trying to come back late in the game. That is what happened to Dyer Co. last night. And finally, if the foul totals are to always be even in a game, then let's dispense with the referees, give each team a predetermined amount of free throws to start the game and just play without referees.

Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it! So does the argument that the fouls should be even in a game.

any of you guys saying the lame excuses are nonsense happen to see the louisville cincinatti game last week where cincy took 58 free throws????????? come on guys wakeup, yall did beat us fair, but you guys did play some very aggressive defense with some missed calls. im not makin a durn excuse and will congratulate you guys but some of you make no sense whatsoever

Not making any excuses for my team. But I will tell you this that when Martin is ready so are my Choctaws any day any time cause it would never ever happen again. With Britt or any other coach. I sat and watched friday night how Union City was robbed in their game with Martin. Then I also watched how they were ROBBED monday night with Obion. It seems that the OFFICALS how everything planned on Martin taking a sweep of 13AA. Union City let me be the first to tell you your coach had alot to be upset about friday and monday night because he KNOWS that it was not a properly officated game. Oh yea how about the OFFICALS talking to the newspaper men when he said Brian Fisk stepped out of bounds? He knew that they had seen his mistake. Come on coaches, lets bring in some officals from a different area for regionals. Good luck Westview and I hope that we get the chance to meet again and then we will talk more. GOOD LUCK CHOCTAWS!

We are bigger than this......Westview had an excellent game plan, DC shot the ball terribly, and Westview made free throws in the end. Adds up to a DC "L".......Union City had the game in control and absolutely quit playing, nobody took it from them other than OC....Sisco is lucky the coach of the year award was already voted on before his team quit halfway thru the 3rd......