Westview upsets Dyer County!!!!

ryan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a huge 13AA fan, but I have to tell ya, it's almost ludicrous that y'all are on here talking about MW and DC meeting again. Someone even said two more times. Just pray very hard and we may get ONE win saturday!

In the last twenty years that I have been watching 13AA boys ball, this is BY FAR the weakest year of talent level.

To prove my point...Westview fans, where would you rank this team in the last twenty years at your school? I can think of at least 10 MW teams stronger than this year's team

Where does this year's Obion team rank among the last 20 years of obion teams... last?

Where does this year's Union City team rank among the last 20 yrs of UC teams... next to last?

DC, CC, and GC dont have big traditions, but DC and CC were better last year

get my point?

I'm just hoping we haven't counted our chickens because 14AA #4 seed went to Dyer Co. a little over a week ago and absolutely smoked 'em...not a close win like MW monday...ripley beat their 'you know what'

and finally, i'm completely embarassed for 13AA that other fans get on here and listen to the constant MW and DC whining. DC fans (not all but alot) - the world is not against you, quit whining, you brought EVERYTHING on yourself. I hate the excuses about he said she said, dyersburg did this and that...grow up. AND MW , you guys are knowledgable fans but you stoop down to their level with all the bickering and instigating. you guys get on here and type stuff just for the sake of bashing DC so they will start a flame war on these threads...you don't have to get on here and throw your egos around and defend your boys from the ref whining posts - you got the trophy...who cares what DC fans think about the refs...nobody's gonna walk by y'alls trophy case 5 years from now admiring the 2003 Championship and say "yeah but the refs called fouls 14-4 in our favor"

My 2 cents

prediction 13AA girls sweep, 13AA boys will beat covington (? who plays them)

go 13AA and lets be more civil

This is what these boards are for. Lets all have fun with them and quit trying to say "I'm Sorry" all the time.

It is no secret that 13AA is going to have a tough time with 14AA. It has been stated on here numerous times before. The "two more times" comment had a smiley face after it......that means it was a joke.

Let the Westview faithful enjoy their win. It was a huge win for them and Coach Britt, regardless of how this year's team compares to the teams of old.

beave, enjoy a good mark. what you said was absolutely true about these threads. its all in the fun!!!!!

photojeff- we all know you seen the out of bounds call better than anyone. it happened right in front of your face. thanks for speaking the truth. two points taken away due to that call. but we still lost and got out played and once again congratulations westview. lets all go show 14-AA something. everybody give your best!!!!!

Hey.....good marks around the house for thebeave and DCChoctaw...yes, we poke fun and have a good time with each other, all in all, it is harmless. We will be pulling for each other against 14AA. I think we will get 2 wins if Ripley beats Covington tonite...

3pointer, you are correct, boys basketball is down a little this year, BUT somebody has to win it....who knows, it might be down everywhere!!!!!

GET UP 'VIEW----need a little MOJO

i just get riled up when "refs cost us" excuses start filling the threads - if it was a missed call with 3 seconds left in a tie game...then you can mention it as a sidebar but in other cases the only real harm a ref can do is call two fouls on a stud player in the first minute of a game

my take on region boys - (MW - pray ripley beats cov)

Westview would be Covingtons equal and would play harder and have better coaching so they would win i think

Westview would be totally outmanned vs Ripley (but would get 10-15points from the coaching matchup) so they would still have a shot

Dyer Co would be outmanned vs. Ripley but they split with them this year - if they try to go one on one they will get beat again, but i see them beating ripley

Dyer Co. has blown Covington out twice already this year

Union City is in BIG trouble

Obion County is in even BIGGER trouble

both would have to pull off a massive upset

this is the place where upsets can happen. with all the talk of 13-AA being so down this year it wouldnt suprise me if 3 out of our 4 teams didnt advance to the semis of the region. dont count dyer co out, they can play ball when they want to... union city will give anyone a fit on defense and coaching. westview is peaking at right time and has an excellent coach in britt also. westview has a reason to beleive they can beat anyone now and it should carry on for a few more games...obion on the other hand can really suprise anyone when they wanna play smart, be patient on offense and play defense like they have been here in the last few games. 13-AA may be down but we still have the teams to pull off upsets and do the suprising...