Baseball Fields

ARCHER

I volunteer to take care of the baseball field at Henry County. We get very little funds and support from the school. Does anyone have any ideas on how to raise money for improving your park and keeping in mind that the community is already mobbed by other organizations for donations. :x :confused: :):)

Archer,

Start a baseball booster club, charge for booster club membership (free admission to home games, etc.), use funds from booster membership for work on the baseball field. Make sure your booster club is for baseball only or funds collected will go to the General Fund at your school.

Other suggestions, wash cars (maybe combine with your school's softball team and split money), sell signs to local businesses for advertising at your field, etc.

Hope this helps.

Our coaches are in charge of our field and they do a whole lot of work, plus the players are required to do a great bit of it after practices and games.

We`ve already had several fundraisers. Last fall we sold ESPN The Magazine subcriptions. They were 40 bucks a piece, but the booster club gets to keep 30.00 of that for the team. We are having a chicken sale next weekend. My son and I have already presold 150 half chickens. The players had a candy sale over winter break. Plus we have another fundraiser coming up in a few weeks.

It`s sad how much money must be raised by teams to support themselves. These teams represent communities and towns. They should support them better without kids having to go out and practically beg for money every year.

We do have a booster club. We sell pizza cards and the club has a membership drive. But the money goes for buying uniforms, bags, hats and we also feed the players on away games. We use the money for field dirt etc... Our problem is that our fences are in need of replacement or repair, our bleachers are old and in poor shape, we have no concession stand and no bathrooms ( have to go to football bathrooms)., and our dugouts are a tin frame. All this for the winningest sport at our school handsdown. Our playing field is nice, thanks to volunteers who maintain it.

Thats for your ideas, let me hear more!!

Archer,

I see where you are from Paris, Tn. So, that puts a damper on what I was going to suggest. We at Riverdale work the Titans games in Nashville. A lot of hard work doing the concessions, takes about 10 hours on Sunday, along with 16 workers for 10-12 games. However, the payoff is great. We will make close to $ 15,000 a year. We were able to build a indoor facility, concession building/press box, bathrooms,irrigation system installed,new block backstop and netting over the past 4 years. Just recently, however, Title IV raised its ugly head. You know, where what's done for the boys must be done for the girls as well. When we installed the field irrigation system, we had to lend money to the girls softball program so their field could be done too. Even though all the money was raised by the baseball boosters, Title IV prevents any improvements without like improvements for the girls. Anyway, the best method I would suggest is to call on prominent business' and individuals to donate to a specific need i.e. concession stand, bathrooms. This is the quickest, easiest way to gather large sums. Good luck !