Goldenboy Speaks out Vol. III

goldenboy

If everybody remembers correctly Vol's I and II came out during the 2001 football season. I just decided to make volume 3 tonight so I could tell everybody about my awesome experience today.

As everybody knows I've been wanting Tyler Smith's autograph for a while now and the Giles Co folks said if I sat with them they would hook me up with one, I didn't get one but what I got was a lot better. When they found out that I was standing in their crowd they started chanting goldenboy, goldenboy, goldenboy. It was awesome, I got to go and stand in the front of their student section with RP44 and wneely. It was so cool, we started doing chants and stuff. White Boy, White Boy, White Boy. lol You got dunked on, You got dunked on. These guys weren't the buttholes that I and many other people made them out to be. They were actually just like every other teenager, except maybe a little more vocal. Which is a good thing. It was sad when they kicked wneely out. He didn't cuss or anything like that, all I saw him do was jump up and down. Luke Lamm is a little wimp and shouldn't of flipped us off and shouldn't of ran his mouth like he was doing to us when he was trying to enter the locker room. This is high school, you don't jaw off to the fans, no matter what they call you. I also heard that #12 is a wangsta(excuse my spelling). I left after they kicked him out because I didn't want any trouble, but these are a bunch of nice guys, and a girl or two. I was hoping I'd be able to see you guys after the game but somebody said ya'll had already left. Maybe I'll be able to talk to you guys again tomorrow, will you be there for your girls game? I'm not brave enough or stupid enough to leave our side during our boys game. I got several complaints for coming over there and cheering with ya'll, but it doesn't matter. If they didn't like it that's tuff. Who was I supposed to cheer for, we weren't playing. I recieved one threat that they were going to put me on your bus and make me go back to Giles Co with ya'll, I thought that would of been pretty cool. But it made my night when I got my picture taken with Tyler in the cafeterian and I got to do the handshake with him. My friends are all jealous of me now. lol Tyler seemed like a pretty cool dude also. I talked to #30 for a little while too, but I don't know his name, and I told Shay about me doing the White Boy chant with ya'll.

I think me sitting with ya'll inspired our fans tonight. They were louder than ever and had chants going almost the whole game. It should be fun tomorrow, hearing both sections cheer back and fourth at each other. I would also like to name the goldenboy player of the game for tonight. It was hard so I had to have co-players of the game, They are Jon Lavette and Johnny Mendez. You played good guys, keep up the good work. And hopefullly I'll see all of my new friends from Giles Co tomorrow. :o:o:o

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goldenboy, I won't be in action tomorrow night. I'm going to Murfreesboro for an Interact covention, plus I'm not allowed on the premesis even if I were able to go. That's a shame.

I'm glad you had a great time, that's what high school hoops is all about. Maybe our team will play their best game tomorrow night, and if things get out of hand, we'll be sure and cut you some slack. I expect the same from y'all.

I'll try and listen tomorrow night on the radio, kinda like I had to tonight after half-time.

I was terribly upset to hear that Page "Benedict Arnold" Hampton and Ty "American Taliban John Walker Lindh" Hadley were leading the cheering section for Giles County last night. You just don't do that. It would be a little different if it was the State Tournament and the Panthers were already eliminated, but we are playing them tonight...I guess in your heart you will be cheering for Giles tonight too although you won't vocally because you know you'll get beat up. Can you imagine what a Ken Winger, Donnie Ellison, or Lee Burklow would've done had they seen one of their classmates "sleeping with the enemy"? It wouldn't have been pretty.

As far as wneely, he is a poor excuse for a fan. Taunting and harrassing opponents is not included in what you paid your $5 for. Had you not jumped onto the court nearly attacking a player you wouldn't have got tossed by The Diesal (SRO Keltner) and cried like a baby looking for a ride back to Giles. I commend the Loretto player for not attacking wneely and breaking him into pieces as he easily could have.

I am currently taking up a collection to buy Page and Ty a bus ticket to Giles County tonight after the Championship game as well as some tar and feathers. Let me know if you'd like to donate. And boys, don't beg to stay here after WE WIN the Championship game tonight either!

Guest thestuff

Ike is exactly right, it was sad to see the sight we saw last night. I have no problem for sitting and enjoying watching the talent that Giles County puts on the floor, as most people would agree. But, to cross the line and be taking part in and leading cheers for Giles County in Giles Countys student "mob" is an embarassing slap in the face of any Lewis County player, past or present, who has pride in the program. It is truely a disgrace when one of your own will so adamently stoop to become such a vocal supporter for such a big rival as Giles County. I can't stress enough how disappointing it is to witness a member of the team, and last I checked managers are members, in the middle of a rivals cheering section knowing that we would end up playing them the very next night, it's outrageous. I hope the team uses it as motivation and doesn't let it cause them to lose any focus for what may be a great game for them.

Ok we weren't leading the cheering section last night. We were invited over there and everybody that knows me knows I'm nice and couldn't refuse the offer. When was the last time our fans chanted out goldenboy? Yes I will be cheering for us tonight, If I'm still awake. This should be a good game tonight. I'm glad our players got plenty of sleep this morning and shouldn't be tired like the fans. lol I hope this extra sleep helped RoyDMercer's sleeping disorder. Did it roy? That's all for now, stop dogging me, I don't think it's against the law to have fun. :)

make sure u know what ur talking about when u run ur mouth. wneely did nothing wrong. he got shoved by #20 as he was going into the lockeroom. if u dont believe me #20 admitted it to me that night that was what happened and that he just got caught up in the emotions. so,dont say he jumped on the court nearly attacking the player. the whole finger-happy loretto team was jus so classy. u tell me why he was tossed and 20 wasnt. maybe they felt sorry for loretto i wouldve. as for goldenboy, he knows we arent vulgar, we just have fun and get in people heads. once a player is thinking about us we have already won. just to clarify, the "bench mob" is two players that come off the bench not our team or student section.

10bwall--Let's both admit the facts. Wneely got a bit excited in his jumping up and down and unfortunately landed in the face of #20. Was it on purpose, I doubt it. Did #20 push him out of the way, yes he did. Any player should be able to get from the court to the locker room without a fan getting in the way and yelling in his face. I believe you're right that the emotions of the game caused an unfortunate incident. I'm sorry Wneely got tossed but he did and that's the end of that.

You guys have a good team and I just don't understand the need to bash other teams and players. It's not just Loretto, but any team you've had to play. You've had a tremendous season, be proud of the talent you have and focus on that.

I hope the "Bench Mob" as I do refer to your student section, has fun tonight and throughout the tournament. As you guys support your team on home turf next week, remember that you represent your school, your team, and your county. Let people remember how loud you support your team, not how loud you want to degrade someone else's.

Guest thestuff

I don't think I have a problem with the cheering section, if anything I think it is great for Giles County to have such LOYAL and supportive fans of your team. It adds something to the atmosphere of high school games. That being said, its not necessarily Goldenboy that I have an issue with, not entirely at least. What I take issue with is a member of the Lewis County team being front and center and then bragging about "leading" in the cheers after the game. The Giles County section does a great job of supporting their team and showing PRIDE for their school. At the same time, the issue of LOYALTY and PRIDE should be questioned when you see one of your own in the cheering section of a rival school in a tournament where we may face them. Like everyone in attendance, I enjoy watching Giles play because of the talent as well as the energy the student section has, but make no mistake I am from Lewis County, played for Lewis County, and support Lewis County because I have PRIDE in my school. It bothers me to no end that this happened, and it has nothing to do with the fact that it was Giles County or their student section, it has to do with the fact that it is a rival school in a tournament which we are still playing in. I've got an idea, when baseball season starts, let's go to Marshall County and be "bleacher bums" and yell and scream for them, or maybe go to a Harpeth pep rally this fall for football, that should go over okay.

[Edited by thestuff on 2-28-03 12:36P]

Guest bigwilliestyle

i agree with goldenboy, the giles co. students aren't cocky at all, they are just out there to support their team, tonight should be fun, i hope we keep everything clean.

me and goldenboy arent bad people.we went over to the bench mob to have fun.we had fun.they arent bad people at all.and i believe that we shouldnt get ragged on because we cheered for another team(that we werent playing).and by the way josh keltner u need to watch what you say about me.if i would have known that goldenboy and i would get dogged like this for going over there i still would have went over there.find something else to write about it's getting old and stupid.