Goldenboy Speaks out Vol. III

goldenboy

You're right about one thing. You guys are the most exciting team in AA from start to finish. Your crowd harrasses opposing players, fans, referees and coaches better than anyone I've seen...from beginning to end, whether you're up by 5 or 55 points. And you an outstanding person in Smith who puts on a great show, both playing and coaching. I think it was the first time in tournament history where an assistant coach (Holt) received the Coach of the Year award over the head coach (Smith).

And when you argue Smith isn't the coach, why else would he be in the game until the end with his team up 24 points in the Championship finale? He even shot the final shot of the game. Smith wanted to win tourney MVP over Shannon and had to build up his stats so he (Smith) took Shay out of the game and put himself in. That's iffy coaching, but I guess it works.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop giving yourself good marks and pay attention. Sure we beat Loretto over there by a ton, but did they not beat us on our own homefloor early in the year? Yes they did. Now beating them in the finals on the court they beat us own, that would have been revenge.

Who from Lewis County (besides Page and Ty) was honestly hoping we'd play Giles in the finals? Obviously the way our players played Friday they didn't.

There is not a team in this area that plays more as a team than G.C. You want get very far by playing as individuals! Coach Holt is a very good coach. He nor the rest of the team could care less what you or anyone else thinks! How many people came to watch Tyler? I have talked to some at home games as well as on here that will tell you that the only reason they came was to watch Tyler! I don't agree with it because of all the talent at G.C. but if that is why some come then at least they are getting there monies worth!o stop crying and get over it! You do not warrent my attention anymore because YOU ARE NOT WORTH MY TIME! :D

where i come from i you want to be the best you have to beat the best .i was simply cheering for giles county so we could play them the followin night. i wasnt leading the cheers but i was saying them.me and goldenboy were over there upon invitation.i will be cheering for lewis county nex week and giles county but if it comes down to a lewis county giles county final i will cheer for lewis county.i honestly do not see why it is such a big deal to everyone that i went and cheered for giles county.we werent even playing them.and ace i'm not going to do anything about it except let him deal w/ the feeling of being stupid.

I don't know if I speak for all of the Bobcat nation, but when I pay to see the games... I pay to see one man and one man only...Tristen Fletcher!!!

No, seriously give T-Fletch some love man this kid is not your typical power forward. He's one of the best back-to-the-basket style players I've ever seen. He makes jumpers from 10 feet look like from 2 feet.

As far as for Tyler being in the game late, I can understand it if him and Shay were both in at the same time (I wasn't there, remember?) because both were gunning for tourney MVP.

But if Shay wasn't in there with time winding down, then maybe Coach Holt was keeping Tyler in for the possibility of a little slamma jamma to the fans for their hard earned 5 bucks. I mean, half of everyone else's fans/players/staff jumps up and down when Tyler dunks anyway.

Don't listen to PR whatever his name is. He's not a typical Lewis Fan. The team was wanting to play GC in the finals. And thats what they got. It didn't matter anyway, Loretto wasn't going to beat GC. Don't mistake this PR for a die hard Lewis Fan or player . He's not. We need to stick together w/ 9AA next week and cheer for each other.

Oh, by the way, you only play as good as your competition, I guarantee you Lewis Co. has bettered themselves every time they played Giles Co.

As a matter of fact, when they met @ GCHS that loss sparked a what 10 game win streak for Lewis Co. so see maybe its not all bad.

Thats right. Good things happen, maybe later on or right then, when you play good teams. That was a good post. I can tell you that Lewis Co. wants to play better competition. If you don't ppl are only gonna say that you got there only by beating easy lack luster teams. I don't believe they want that. Cant wait for this tournament to start.