CLINTON VS MARYVILLE

player69

chsbbfan sub .500 was not a put down. it was a fact. the sentinel said they finished 13-15, and that is under .500 record wise right? no offense intended. i am sure you guys played a tough schedule and i was at the football game where the kid broke his leg. the real reason i used the sub .500 term was to point out that maryville the past two years has been practically unbeatable in the regular season and then struggles in tournament play. i was just going by clinton's overall record of 13-15 and the close game last night to make my point of maryville's shortcomings. no offense intended to clinton.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton played a grand total of 9 games with the team you watched last night. The have had an extremely difficult season with injuries, leading scorer moving, an academic ineligibility, and two 2 game suspensions for separate players. They also played with heavy hearts due to the loss of a senior classmate in November. These are not excuses, these are facts. This Clinton team played an extremely demanding schedule that was made up before all the above factors hit.

Several things about Clinton: 1. They expect to win - no matter who the opponent or the circumstances 2. They are very well coached 3. They are always prepared 4. They are athletic 5. You'll be hard pressed to find a team that plays any harder than the Dragons (anything less is not tolerated).

Jerel Beamon could use some recognition by anybody with ties to any college programs. He has been promoted by his coaching staff and several others, but lack of media attention has hurt him. He is a fine young man and a very good student. Jerel has a couple D II offers, but could probably play small D I ball somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

To all of you who say that maryville was fortunate to win are being rediculous. It was a hard fought game and a good classic high school battle. Clinton played amazing. They haven't shot the ball that well except for maybe once earlier in the season. Not a put-down, just stating the facts. The fact is that clinton had probably their best game of the season (according to their coaches). Maryville played hard but shot something like 11 for 23 freethrows. Their shooting percentage was also down. Those are the only two areas where there could be improvement. Otherwise Maryville plays a decent game and wins over Clinton's best game. What does that say about fortunate?

Hey, what's up with Humphrey's free throw shooting? He uncharacteristically miss several against WB and evidently he missed some against Clinton. I was shocked in the WB game. I mean, nobody's perfect, but you don't expect to see Lee miss more than 1 or 2 free throws a night.

GovMan

I also think Clinton had an average shooting night. Witt has been a serious threat to score since Christmas, and he was nonexistent on offense. They shot much better late in the season against AC and Elizabethton, and it can't be attributed to Maryville's defense because Clinton had wide open looks from the perimeter with the exception of Beamon. Ballonu, to say it's ridiculous that Clinton could beat Maryville is also ridiculous. They might be sub-500, but it's obvious that they have lots of talent, even after losing Vibbert. I think it's time for you guys to focus on Oak Ridge or you'll be saying deja vu again.... good marks for chsbbfan and marcvols

Jerrell played well. But to say he shut Lee Humphrey down is crazy. Lee was double teamed a lot. Maryville won because Andy Tipton,Drew Houser,Jacob Stout,Tyler Gaskin,Carl Eppilito and Brandon Burchfield played well.

Jerrell is definatly underated. Clinton has a ton of talent.