Portland's (John Ferguson)

bigAsports

Portland Coach Tris Kington:

˜John (Ferguson) goes to war every game, and tonight he went up against a 6-6, 250-pound player. He has always done everything we asked of him,˜ Kington pointed out. ˜He˜s not being heavily recruited and someone is missing the boat with him."

"Corey (Brewer) is a great player and we have two super high school players on the team. Thank God everyone knows their role and play unselfish."

Ferguson, the tourney˜s Most Valuable Player, finished with 22 points

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoachJG-

I assure you John can play for you:) Call your old boss from TTGU and he can give you some down low on John. UTC has been at practice several times to watch Corey and I talked to Shulman about John. I bet Coach Shulman will say some good things about him. Contact Coach Kington at 615-325-5304. :) Is Hardin headed to to you all's coaching staff?

BB, I am going to watch him before our tech game. Do you think we have a chance to get him? We would love to have him. I saw him play in the summer and he is good. Do you know the name of the player at libscomb or the guard at Hume Fogg?

[Edited by CoachSH on 3-3-03 4:55P]

Stephen (no s) is being recruited by ACU, Freed Hardeman, Lincoln Memorial and Harding. I know Stephen has also visited Tennessee Tech and liked the school, but I don't think he made an official visit or is being recruited by them.

Ferguson has proven his worth down the stretch. I think the first time I saw him he was recovering from the flu, but the last two times, he has played very well. I hope we get a chance to play against him again. I'll bet a lot of schools could use someon like him also.

CoachSH, if you become a plus member, then you could send/receive private messages about players. $12 cost would probably be well worth it. Just a thougt.

[Edited by khopkins on 3-3-03 5:43P]

I know that many coaches have been telling other schools about John when they come see Corey Brewer, but it kills me that no one is really after John he is a great post player and has a really good 12-15 ft show that most big men dont have and can shoot the three. He doesnt shoot the outside shot is many games but he can nail it.

Brian as for what u said about me playing college ball only for my Dad is not true. I am going to attend college, but as for where I am unsure. I am more focused on the season at hand, and will make my decision after the year. You are right though I am not being heavily recruited but maybe by us advancing in the tournament that will all change. So next time don't start a thread on me unless you know the whole truth, and I am available for all options in my near future.

Thanks, I am at TTU right now and I know that we looked at him this summer but we are now looking for post players. I am taking a smaller school job that is why I wanted thier info. I will be there on tuesday but we (ttu) play also so I will only be at the portland game. I would love to have all of those kids.