Portland's (John Ferguson)

bigAsports

I was at the PHS/LA game with my team and we watched the game, it was a blow-out and it was thanks to Ferguson I can assure you. No one could touch the kid and im sure his fg % was in the upper 70's, lower 80's. Ive never really seen a more dominant big man in my three years playing in 8-aa. Besides some guys from the 2001 MLK team.

ON another note, to the coach who said he'd like to have all of those guys on his team, I play with Brandon Harriford and we came to Tennessee Tech's camp this last past summer, he was doing people in their, that was a prime oppurtunity to see him play, I dont know exactly what his plans are for college, but i know he is worthy of a SG spot on a major d-1 school. He played a lot of PG this year just because of his sheer ability, but when he is SG is when he really stands out, in my opinion.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John again proves why he is the likely the best player in his region by sealing the game tonight in the final few minutes of the game with his 6 for 7 freethrows that helped Portland defeat Lipscomb. He contributed 24 points and 8 rebounds. If Ferguson keeps getting the ball in his hands during the game and at crunch time like tonight, Portland is going to go farther than they have ever gone. Go Portland!

Alumni 2001

okay, first....some of you don't need to be talkin trash about Corey B. unless you really know him. He's a good kid...you just don't know what you're talkin about. Otherwise, I don't think this many D1 schools would be fighting for him. Anyway, I do have to say that John and Corey both are a load that most teams can't handle. John is a monster under the glass, and people must guard him in the floor too. He has the best hands in our whole Region, and maybe state. Let's keep rollin John. I want a home Sub-State game.

Chris Ferguson, UT assistant was at the Portland-Lipscomb game tonight watching someone. I did not make it in time for that particular game but came in just before the Upperman-York game and met him as he was leaving. I will not be able to make it to tomorrow night's game but I heard that this guy is the real deal.

This is in response to rebel20, Brewer is getting looked at by several D1 schools. Among coaches that have paid visits to Portland games has been Buzz Peterson of UT and Billy Donovan of Florida. He has tremendous upside potential but desperatley needs to grow into his frame. He reminds me so much of Marcus Haislip when we (Macon Co.) played against him in the sectional tournament back in 1999 when he was at Marshall Co. Ferguson will play somewhere in lower D1 but would be dominant on the NAIA level or JUCO ranks.

• 4 weeks later...

I do know that 6'5, 6'7 players can play in the post at the division two level. Anderson College would love to have him come down here and play in the CVAC, one of the best conferences in the country with at one time this season 4 teams ranked in top 25. The dominant post players in the conference were around 6'7. At AC are best post player was 6'5 and he had games where he dominated. AC needs a post player too. They are guard heavy and thats with me and two other guards graduating.