open freeestyle for old guys?

rassler

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who all is going? What are the periods? 3-2-2? 2-2-2? 1-1-1? Let me know I plan on going...Also, is this the first time that the Dixie Challenge is offering this? If not how big is the turnout normally? I know I'm asking alot of questions on this but really would like to get all the details...L8er!!!!

Post High School Wrestlers,

Tennessee Wrestling Federation tournaments have offered Open competition every now and then. The turnout has been really weak. TWF doesn't fail to offer the opportunities more often because they are not interested in this group nor because the turnout is not worth the effort. The reason for not offering more often is that they don't want to jerk you, the competitors, around by announcing the opportunity, then you show up with no one to wrestle. They don't want to do that to you. If you guys get your heads together and are willing to gamble on the numbers, I feel confident that the directors of TWF tournaments would be happy to provide the opportunity for you. The mats are set up. The tournament personell are in place. Including you is just a matter of your asking and scouting around to encourage other Open competitors to show up. It has been done in the distant past. With the number of you out there who are interested, there is no reason it can't be done again.

TWF wants to provide competitive opportunities for everyone who wants to compete. They are only limited by those who want to provide the venue and those who want to take part. Look at the TWF calendar, ask TWF and/or directors if the sanction can be amended to include you, create interest by calling or emailing around to make other Open competitors aware, and have a great time. You can do it. Go for it.

I am neither an official nor unofficial spokesperson for TWF. I am just aware of their history and how they operate. TWF and you competitors need each other, and I'm repeating myself, so get together.