Big time Injuries for Columbia

untame

Last night while playing againist Marshall Co, Bobby Bratton was legging out a play to 1st base and rolled his ankle. It is looking to be Serious. He went to the doctor today but i dont no what the deal is. Zack Gray is out for about to weeks with a elbow injury. And Courtney English is not in the line-up due to basketball. The first week of the season could be very tough for the lions taking in that they have to play LaVergne,Riverdale,and Oakland without there 3 big guns. :):o:(

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Columbia does face a challenge without these three. Bobby is out for 2-4 weeks with a hi ankel sprain. But as everyone knows about columbia we will step up to the challenge and work hard to overcome it. We have other pitchers and feilders who will do all they can to lessen the loss

Kinnard told me 4 days ago that he will now be starting at shortstop for Bratton or at the Cathcer position. He said that he was going to be starting anyways even if the injuries had not happened. He said probably in right field. I dont know whether to believe him or not. Is this true?

well kinnard would be starting no matter what, he is an outfielder. and unless i'm missin something, i'm pretty sure that's where he will be playing this year b/c he has a great glove in the outfeild. As for now, Soph. David Rodrigous is playing short stop. And about the catching thing.....Jay Howard is our starting catcher, and we have two others also, i am not saying it's not true, but i'm pretty sure that these two people i named are the ones that will be playing in these positions....AND BY THE WAY...BRATTON COULDN'T HIT A BASKETBALL ???? YOUR RIGHT, THAT'S B/C HE'S NOT TRYING TO HIT A BASKETBALL, BUT ASK ANYONE HE SURE CAN HIT A BASEBALL. AND MAYBE ZACK GRAY CAN'T HIT THE SIDE OF A BARN, NEVER ACTUALLY WATCHED HIM TRY, BUT HE DOESN' THAVE TO HARD OF A TIME HITTIN THE MIT WHILE HE'S PITCHING.

Sorry to hear about the injuries. I'm not familiar with all these boys but I can tell you that Bobby Bratton is among Tennessee's top high school baseball prospects and will be missed by his team. He got game! Wishing Bobby a speedy recovery.

Posted by untame:

Last night while playing againist Marshall Co, Bobby Bratton was legging out a play to 1st base and rolled his ankle. It is looking to be Serious. He went to the doctor today but i dont no what the deal is. Zack Gray is out for about to weeks with a elbow injury. And Courtney English is not in the line-up due to basketball. The first week of the season could be very tough for the lions taking in that they have to play LaVergne,Riverdale,and Oakland without there 3 big guns. :rolleyes::):)

Thats preety crappy, cause the first two are preety serious injuries, good luck to these guys

BRATTON AND GRAY ARE SO TERRIBLE YOU ARE RIGHT!!! BULL!%$~;. are you kidding me? That is why they are both 8aa all district players and bratton was the mvp. you are the biggest idoit that i know. I heard about the injuries boys. Tough luck. You know how that goes for us. But get over it. You can do it. THey'll be back and then it will be on. Just never quit and you'll be fine. Step up and hold your own and it'll be cool. Go luck and kick some butt. I'll have to agree with my buddy frozenropper on his quote. ANd how about the sunshine quote that pickle has always told us. Older guys know what i am talking about.

Well, no one on the team is making a big deal out of it. The only thing that has been me ntioned is...oh man that stinks...and tough luck. Since these injuries happened we just expect other people to step up and do a lil bit more then they were expectedand the loss won't be as noticable. The team itself are not the ones making it a big deal, it's the rest of the world out there that hears..omg bobby and zack are hurt columbia is hopeless..that's not how it is, they are two great players,and both play a big role on the team, but we have a roster full of other great playerls as well. Yes, it's tough luck, but not the end. Mabry i agree with you 100%. Best of luck to you at UT this semester