Clarksville/Review

ClksvilleHater

Now that the season is officially over I have decided to talk about the year in review. TnBball, Gomab, CoachReed, Crossup tell me what you think.

This year was probably the balanced the city has been as there was no dominant team. But some good teams emerged and some good players as well.

The teams

Best Team - Clarksville High nobody gave these guys a chance it was all Northeast and Kenwood at the beginning but Clarksville came out the gate on fire and never looked back. Even without a real marquee player they showed you what blue collar work on defense and team ball can get you.

No matter how much you hate Northwest they did a complete turnaround and were a very solid team. No matter how much you don't like Townley he played ball. I think more people would respect what he really does if Crossup didn't force feed him down our throats. But the boy played.

Northeast and Kenwood many thought they were clearly the favorites because they had the areas top 4 players. But all talent and no chemistry hurt these teams. But watchout Northeast will be right back next year led by Reed.

Biggest Dissapointment - Clarksville Academy I don't know much about the situation but I do know the John Jackson was a good coach. When he left Sean Fisher and Drake Reed walked out right behind him. Man what could've been. With Jackson on the sideline with Bowers, Reed, and Fisher the Academy would have been Clarksville's best shot at a state tournament birth.

Rossview was also a much improved team

The players

Calvin Carter - stepped up and proved he was more than a role player. At the beggining of the season people said he was good last year because of Northeasts great team. HE showed that he was a great player in his own right though.

Devon Bracey - where did he come from? The areas best shooter was leading scorer for areas best team so he must be mentioned.

Drake Reed - same thing! He didn't miss a beat after leaving the Academy, he even got better as the season went. With Carter leaving he will have ridiculous numbers next year.

Antwon Harris - had a solid season again. But if he doesn't get any help over there at the wood another sub par season awaits.

Mike Sampson - didn't live up to all the hype but still had a solid season.

Brandon Burney - Lit up the scoreboards all year and is very underrated.

Kevin Townley - PLayed a solid PG as Northwest's leader.

Thomas Haynes - Gave up shots for his team to have success.

Tario Frederick - was robbed in the MVP voting of the district but is my MVP.

First team

Calvin Carter

Drake Reed

Devon Bracey

Antwon HArris

Tario Frederick

Second Team

THomas HAynes

Mike Sampson

Will Newell

Brandon Burney

Kevin Townley

Next Year

Best teams

Northwest

Northeast

Clarksville

Rossview

Best players

1a. Drake Reed

1b. Antwon Harris

2. Brandon Burney

3. Devon Bracey

4. Will Newell

5. Kevin Townley

Players, Coaches, and fans thanks for a great season!!!

[Edited by ClksvilleHater on 3-6-03 8:12A]

ClarksvilleHater, you pretty much summed it up. As far as the team to beat for next year I'm gonna go with Northwest since they only lose one player and I think they've got enough young talent to build around. I never counted Northeast out this year even at times it looked like I should have but I know they have a good coach and great athletes. Drake Reed shocked me to come from Single A ball and dominate AAA. but I guess if you can play the game it doesnt matter what level you're on. That said....Brandon Burney was and will be the best scorer this city has seen in a long time reguardless of what Class he plays in. The kid can FLAT OUT play!!

Antwon Harris will put up guady numbers and I think his team has a chance to be pretty special considering all the things the young guards had to face this year so just think next year they'll actually be ready to step in.

Rossview, I dont know what to say about them..They improved their record and everytime they stepped on the court as players. but they lose two key guys that did more than people think. Good coaching will only go so far, you need talent.

Clarksville high will be fine, I've never counted Clarksville out. I was the one back in the preseason telling people not to overlook them because they had the experience and mentality to make a run in the tournament..Also it helps to have good athletes and play a tough non district schedule. Quinn Bradley and Devon Bracy will be studs next year.

Clarksville Academy well, are they really worth mentioning..They have one solid player and some good role players.

Calvin Carter did step to the plate and showed that he was the best player in the city. I'll be the first to say I thought it was the studs he was running with last year but hes a player. Good luck to all the seniors as you look to graduate and play on the next level.

This is not in any order, I've pretty much said who I think the best scorer is and hes coming back but the top players are.

Brandon Burney, Mont Central

Drake Reed, Northeast

Graylin Tuck, Northeast

Antwon Harris, Kenwood

James Bolden, Rossview

Tre Trotter, Rossview

Devon Bracey, Clarksville

Quinn Bradley, Clarksville

Kevin Townley, Northwest

Will Newell, Northwest

Quinton Partee, Northwest

Alex Bowers, Clarksville Academy

There are your top players in the city...For Cities best I'd have to look at Drake Reed, Brandon Burney, and Antwon Harris as my candidates..For cities best Team as of now Northwest shouldnt have a problem wrapping that up. but dont forget Clarksville only loses two players and they already have those replacements.

Does anyone else have stats from around the city? Also Tnbball i know your familair with the players on the 17/u clarksville magic aau team and i was wandering if you could list the players for this upcoming season and their stats that you know of because i know this summers team will be on of the best in the state and should go along way. GO MAGIC.