Cloudland/Oneida

notjustafan

After the game on Thursday night, they jumped on a junior player for 30 minutes saying that she was a disgrace to the team and does not belong with the team. It was very hurtful to her that they would say things like that. The team was mad at this team member because of comments supposedly made on Coacht.com by the screenname lillander. What they do not know is if they got the real person or not. The person in question email is at Hotmail and lillander's is at yahoo so there is one of the many differences. There are some likiness but I think they should not have jumped on her without a lot of evidence. I think no matter what the team should apolgize to her because they acted in a very immature manner and said stuff that would have probably made a sailor blush. This is true because several players have told me about it. It was all on a very bad hunch and it went wrong!!! :)

I do not think the player will be there tonight due to a church trip. Any one who wants to know who it was that was jumped on or the people who did the jumping email me at landergolfer@coacht.com. Or if any of the ball players have a differnet story send it to me.

[Edited by landergolfer on 3-8-03 6:06A]

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had more than a hunch when we jumped on her. Obviously you are not on our team and were not there, so you have no right to get on here and make assumptions. I am not embarrassed of anything that anybody said. We seniors have worked our butts off to get where we are and to think someone on our own team was doubting us makes me furious. I don't have any doubt in my mind it was her, plus this is no one elses business, so I don't know if you are trying to make us sound bad or what, but please mind your own business

the lady landers may beat us by 30, 40, or 50, but this is not the same team that beat you two years ago or the team you beat by 30 last year. there is one huge difference, this team has so much HEART. the LITTLE INDIANS THAT WILL, will show up tonite and when you see them come out on the floor you will probably think a jr. high team slipped on the bus. they are very small, don't shoot the ball very well, usually get outrebounded, but they will do one thing, and that is they will get after you. they were picked to finish fifth or sixth in the dist., but have earned the right to be playing in the substate. these girls play to keep the TRADITION alive. GO LADY INDIANS WE ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU ALL

Yo, Landergolfer, I attempted to email you, but got the "no matches found" window. But, be that as it may, I think the Lady Landers are capable of casting aside their distractions, rather than casting stones come game time.

We all know now what any sense of distraction - MVP: Chambers/Bradley; slamming doors, etc., - can cause, especially during this high-pressure time of year.

Tara seems to be a true leader; one who can, and should (our football Vols proved last season how little a team can accomplish without true internal leadership) state her opinions emphatically, then completely focus in on the task at hand.

I'm clueless as to how good Oneida is. No doubt Cloudland is capable of winning; and in fact, this might just be one of those rare teams that can smack it up with the best of em, then dismantle the opposition come game time. Good Luck Ladies.

Guest landerballer17

I do think that the Lady Landers are very capible of going on to state! I am very proud of them, the seniors are really taking charge in leading the Landers to state. If you keep your heads up, you can do it! Play hard tonight, and do your thing on the court, and you'll be on your way to state! Best of luck to the Lady Landers!!

chs242315-

I am not making assumpations and yes it is my business when it concerns a friend. I am not trying to make no one look bad and I know you seniors have worked your tails off to get to where you are at. If I wanted to make you look bad I could have post some lie or something so that is not it. If it was her, she expressed doubt and that should have made you to work harder not get mad at her to the point to cuss her out. You proved her wrong and that should have been enough satisfaction. No I am not on your team but I have friends on the Varisty and JV so I have heard the story told. Who told you who it was anyway or who they thought it was? No matter what I am proud of the girls team has done and will be there tonight to cheer them on. Good luck and hope to see you go to the 'Boro.

To any other fans:

Please come out and support the team as they march towards state. They need as much support as they can get.

[Edited by landergolfer on 3-8-03 2:49P]

To the Cloudland fan that is complaining about using a different gym- there are others across the state that are in the same boat. Moore County will not be playing in their home gym tonight. Here is one other thing to you who argue- why does it matter? You can't compete with the teams from Middle Tennessee anyway so it'll be one and done for East TN in the state tournament again.