Oakdale's new head coach. . .

rSquared

Oakdale decided to stay in-house and named asst. Willie Childers, who came over from Grundy Co. last year, as the new head coach of the Eagles.

Childers replaces Benny Collins, who left to join the Rockwood staff after just one season as head coach at Oakdale.

Childers is also getting married soon. Now that's a couple of life-changing experiences this young man's about to tackle---head football duties and newlywed duties! :D

Best wishes, Coach C! :)

---rSquared

Oakdale is getting a quality coach in Willie Childers. But more importantly they are getting a solid Christian role model on and off the field. It was my privilege to coach this young man in high school , and my honor to work beside him in the classroom when he began his career.

Oakdale is indeed fortunate in having Coach Childers lead their team.

I only wish my boys could have the luck to play for such a man. Guess I will just be happy they will see him at camp.

One last item, both Willie and Oakdale are really getting a blessing in the soon to be Mrs. Coach Willie Childers. :x:D

• 4 weeks later...