Who Will be Top 4 In Region V Next Year

Guest Headtap

Guest Headtap

Here is my opinion

1.Franklin

2.Brentwood

3.Smyrna

4.Wilson Cent.

Who Will Be the biggest suprise next year? Did anyone show glimmers this year.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Blackman will be the biggest surprise team next year. They have 4 state qualifiers returning: Aarron Martin, Branson Martin, Nate Williams, and Kenny Merideth (6th place in state at 189 this year). Aarron and Kenny will be juniors while Branson and Nate will be seniors. There will be other good wrestlers returning like Corey Dill who will be a state qualifier next year. Just wait and see, the Blaze are going to shock some good teams next year!

Blackman probably does not have the seasoned numbers to contend, but they sure do have quality and potential quality in the seasoned wrestlers that they do have. Blackman has some guys that can jump two season levels in the off-season if they want to and can give the time to it.

I think Shelbyville will makes some noise this upcoming season. Last year they had 9 wrestlers wrestling their first year,with them coming back with experience should help.

I think Franklin will have the toughest returning team this next year. Brentwood will again have another quality team within the region, and others will compete for glory within the region like Smyrna, Tullahoma, and Wilson Central. I think Blackman will have a few good wrestlers returning, but I don't know how far they will go in the region title hunt. I have to say Fairview has a very limited amount of wrestlers so to say they will be a force is a stretch to me, but who knows what can happen. The region as a hold had a great season last year and I expect them to show very well in whatever tournament they might be in during the regular season. Good luck to all!

Guest Headtap

What about Oakland, Warren County, Riverdale, how well will these teams do. I believe Warren and Oakland are returning nearly all wrestlers.

Dont Forget about Smyrna Coach Gonyea will have them ready he always does.

[Edited by Headtap on 3-9-03 9:23A]

[Edited by Headtap on 3-9-03 11:19P]

Warren Co. will have a tough team there is no doubt about that, and Tullahoma is loosing 2 wrestlers from their team last year. Riverdale may be alright but I hope there coach turns in their eligibility this year. I have to give credit to Coach Turner from Warren Co. he has put together a great team with alot of young kids that will be tough as they get older. Tullahoma did have a spotty team lineup last year, but hopefully with a great 8th grade class coming up they should be able to fill their lineup this year.

Guest Headtap

I was at Marshall co. duals early on in the year and watched Warren Co. Blow blackman out of the water. And Likewise at Region Duals they Blew Wilson Central out of the water as well. It really wasnt close I was pretty impressed. Coach Turner has done a wonderful job with that team. They also have a strong Middle school program which will feed them so keep them on the radar.

If anybody can pull a team back together it will be jeff lester the man can flat coach. I would never count them out.

[Edited by Headtap on 3-9-03 11:18P]

• 2 weeks later...