Who Will be Top 4 In Region V Next Year

Guest Headtap

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the support Asylamer & Jappa!! You guys are right we have a pretty good core of wrestlers! They have hung in there with Coach Levi for the last three years and have raised a few eyebrows each year! Coach Levi has doubled our state qualifiers in each of the last 3 years of our new programs existence! Next year will be a neat and fun season b/c it will be our first class of 4 year(wrestlers) Seniors! It's been a long trip but worth every blood, sweat, and tear! I predict our brightest season yet in 2004! But some of you are right. The last 3 seasons we have had to forfiet about 3 or 4 weight classes, sometimes more b/c we couldn't fill the lower weights and heavy weight classes! Contending for Region titles is tough without a full team, but I gaurantee you next year will be better than the last, or at least that is what the past has proven! And you are right Asylamer, our core at least will be hard at work in the offseason! Thanks for the kind words guys!! C-ya on the mats! :D

The 5 seniors that Smyrna is losing are being replaced by some top notch wrestlers who are excellent in their own right, but because of being in the same weight class as Sholly, Turner and Hale, they have not gotten the chance to be noticed. Don't count Smyrna out...

Also, Yes Blackman has done a good job with a new program, but look at what Smyrna has done in 4 years. It is not a fluke when you win 3 district titles back to back and region championship and then region runner up (only lost by 20 some points, by the way, scored close to 40 more points this year than last) and had an 80 pt gap between 2nd and 3rd...

Everyone thought Smyrna would be out of it this last year too. Guess you can predict all you want...But Smyrna is definately not out of the picture.

Joe Blair has an excellent team and they will be hard to beat. However, he is losing some key seniors too.

Guest AmericanDream

My picks are

1. Franklin

2. Brentwood

3. Tullahoma

4. Smyrna

Maybe Franklin can shock the state next year and give Bradley and Soddy Daisy a run for their money.

Guest Headtap

I have a feeling there is a school that noone has really talked about much about to take the reins in regionV. Maybe not next year but the year after. THis team is growing by leaps and bounds. we will see if they can return to their former glory.

As for Brentwood and Franklins days being number I wish I could say that but I cant... They will be tough for a while.

I talked to some of Tullohoma's wrestlers and they are very concerned about having a full squad next year. It is very hard to win without a full team in our region.....

[Edited by Headtap on 3-28-03 10:34A]

Guest Headtap

I like smyrna. I like smyrna's coach I think he has done an excellent job with that program. But saying that I believe they will not win their district next year.. I think they will have a new district king.... However I could be badly mistaken about the team I have chosen I guess we will see in the not so distant future....

If you are referring to Warren County, you may be right on the mark. I am so glad to see them returning to a strong team in our district. However, I am not conceding to them quite yet. :D Everyone thought Smyrna was out of it this year, yet look how well we did. We have a lot of great young talent up and coming and a lot of talent still left.

But if Warren County is your pick, you have good reason to pick them.

Guest Headtap

Coach Gonyea, Please dont take my saying that as an insult I respect your team and their ability. I know you wont concede to them and you have good reason not too.. Your team is as talented as they come... I do not count you out by any stretch.. I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Warren County's Coach's. They both of them love this sport and have an enthusiasm that was lacking in that team for years. If everyone will remember they used to be one of the teams to beat. I could be wrong about them Im on the outside looking in but what I see is two young coaches who love their team and their kids and they will rally a good team because of this...

P.S. It is sometimes more fun to watch the Warren County coaches in the corner as it is the wrestlers....