Blackman Blaze

Fullback49

Wild,

That was an excellent post. I dont think that couldve have been worded in a more respectful way. I attended Riverdale for three years before transferring to Blackman the year it opened. I graduated from there in 2001 and do not regret saying so either. I use to laugh whenever Riverdale would blow a big game. The reason I did was not because they lost but because of why they lost. They simply lost because they let their heads get too big and then they get popped. Now, I will say that against any Riverdale Oakland game, I am Riverdale all the way but we all know that one day Blackman's hard work and appreciation for the game will pay off and they will come out on top, which they deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D;):D;):):)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was a good post. Let me clear up a couple of things about mine. Obviously, whre I use the term "Blaze fans", is am not talking about all Blaze fans.

First of all, Blackman wasn't the only team that" wasn't supposed to get that far" Riverdale lost 8 starters on both sides of the ball from their 15-0 team the year before. Even Coach Rankin called it the biggest rebuilding year he had at Riverdale. I said it over and over and over during the season - those kids won games they probably should not have, just because they refused to lose. Dobyns-Bennett was one of those. they were definitely not the most talented team Riverdale has fielded in recent years. Yet they kept winning.

Blackman has come a long way in a short time. That is due to some extent because the team was made up of former Riverdale and Oakland kids, and they too expected to win.

Where I have the problem with Blackman started over the accusations from Blackman officials into cheating, recruiting whatever you want to call it. They spouted all that stuff, then when the investigation was over they did not retract or apologize for their lies. From that point on, Blackman was hated by Riverdale and with good reason.

Secondly, before every BHS - RHS game, Blaze fans get on here talking about how far Riverdale has fallen and how Blackamn has the best (fill in the blank here) in the state. After the game they are nowhere to be found. The incident with the sign ridiculing our kicker before the first game this year was another big factor. Funny how Blackman fans had to point to something that happened to Riverdale from another team, because they have no history of beating the Warriors themselves.

Oakland doesn't act that way, and even if they did, they have earned their respect on the field by actually beating Riverdale a few times.

To sum that up, if Blackman beats Riverdale and THEN talks about it, more power to them. I can take it, bring it on.

As far as the comment about the Blue Cross Bowl, why can't I say that without being cocky? They have been there 7 of the past 10 years. Why can others talk about how Blackman will destroy Riverdale, etc., but I can't make a prediction of my own? Sounds like a double standard to me.

(Actually I made that comment just to get a rise out of some folks, but I would never admit that in writing) :D

Riverdale, First of all, I realize the final score of both playoff games. That is why in my post I said that Blackman needs to learn how to FINISH the game to beat the Warriors. Second, it was not the players or fans that made accusations that Riverdale was cheating. It was school officals. However, I do personally know a few people (I won't say any names) who were zoned for Blackman and stayed at Riverdale illegally. I know this because I played there with them my freshman year (1999-2000). Third, about the degrading sign about your kicker Brian Campbell, I want to appologize for this rude display. I'm not sure who made it but I think it was made by some students who don't have the first clue about football and they have given a bad name to all Blackman fans, even though it was probably just a few people who made it. I personally wish that they didn't make it because Brian is a good friend of mine. I went to school with him from 6th to 9th grade. Incase if you didn't know, during the 2001 playoffs, there was a sign on the fence that said "Blackman = Riverdale Rejects." I'm sure that it wasn't all Riverdale fans who made it but once again some stupid students, but I know how you feel to see something that degrades your team- it makes you mad. Fourth, it is O.K. to be a little cocky. Your just proud of your team and everyone on coacht.com is cocky about their team. Finally, thanks for not being one of the people who harshly puts down other schools. You got CLASS.

Good Luck 4-5A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

riverdale, just to clear something up: our principal is the one who started the ruckus about "the letter". everyone was against it being sent from the start, and it has been the cause of a lot of animosity between RHS and BHS since then. as OL said, there were a few kids at RHS who weren't supposed to be there, but i'm sure that happens at almost every school. the whole inceident was unecessary and has ruined whatever friendly relationship we had with riverdale before it happened. i really wish that blackman and riverdale could play without all the hostility. hopefully in the future things will be different. until then, good luck to everyone this year. *p.s. as a member of the pep club, i found the sign about brian campbell tacky and unsportsmanlike. i was not at the meeting when the sign was made but i regret that ANYone at BHS would allow it to be hung on a fence for everyone to see.

The sign was not just hung on the fence, the Blackman students brought it out on the field before the game and held it up in front of our stands. But hey, that is all in the past.

For the record, I never considered Blackman to be Riverdale rejects. Obviously some of those guys could have played at Riverdale and I wish we would have had them this past year.

I think you need something to get the guys fired up, and as long as there is no violence or vandalism involved, so what if people get on here and run their mouth a little? Compared to what is going on in the world right now, this is minor league stuff anyway.

Rutherford County plays the best football in the state, and I don't want to see any of our teams have a bad year - or else I can't make that statement.

Hey Riverdale, thanks for the info. I had no clue whatsoever that the students who made the sign degrading Brian Campbell brought it down on the field and showed it to the Warrior fans. That was immature and down right mean. Brian didn't do anything wrong to them because he is a good kid so they shouldn't have done anything to him. As Brian's friend, I will try to find out who these idiots are. I'm glad you consider this event to be in the past and also you don't consider Blackman to be Riverdale rejects. Also you are right, Rutherford county does play the best football in the state. All 4 playoff contenders for the past 2 years in region 4-5A have been from R.C.-Riverdale, Blackman, Oakland, and Smyrna. Lavernge hasn't been all that bad and in a few years Siegal will be real good because they are getting a GREAT coach in Coach Watson. Another thing, 8 out of the past 10 years, a R.C. team has been in the state championship game. Riverdale: 1993 (runner-up), 1994(champs), 1995 (runner-up), 1997 (champs), 2000 (runner-up), 2001 (champs), 2002 (runner-up).

Oakland: 1998 (champs).

I definetly expect to see R.C. teams to be constantly in the championship game in the future.

Guest region4fan

It seems like while I was out of state, there was a war on the boards w/o me! How can that be?? Riverdale.....it is great to see you alive and well on the boards again. Your posts are always so intelligent and insightful. Now I do not wish to stir the pot more, but what exactly was on this so-called sign? I have heard about it on here for months on end, but have no clue what it actually said. Could someone please enlighten me??

I expect that once Siegel gets in the swing of things, we will be having heated argument s with their fans. ( I hope there isn't the same distaste toward Oakland that Blackman has for Riverdale.)I heard that Siegel will be called the Stars. They will wear helmets with a Dallas star on them. I already have a few shirt slogans in mind. HA!!At least they did not stick with the Trojans!!

I am glad to see so much pride in the Rutherford County schools. We ARE the best in the state. It is a shame that we have to put each other out in the play-offs. Until someone consistently puts Riverdale out of the picture, I am afraid that they totally deserve BRAGGIN' RIGHTS!! I don't know about you, but it hurts less to be put out by one of our own.

Now does anyone know if any ex- Rutherford County players are overseas fighting on a different palying field? Please list their names and schools so my church can be sure to put them on our prayer lists!

Riverdale, some kids are too rude aren't they. But the funny thing,you notice that who ever makes these degrading signs are people who sit in the stands on Friday nights. They couldn't handle being on the field and working hard. In an ealier post, I told who the starters are that Riverdale is losing this year. Just for your info, here are Blackman's: Derek Bowen, Travis Williams, Brad Brandon, David Hargis, Drew Copeland, Tim Herbert, Justin Amburgey, Michael Maupin, RICO TURNER, Zach Gilliam, Will Reading, Ed Mays, Jack Stevens, Jason Amburgey, and Wes Martin.

Hey region4fan...long time since i have seen u on here. Anyway, to respond to your question about whether or not any ex-players were over seas....

Do you remember Roland Ogletree? Played for oakland in 98 and in 99. Anyway, he went to UT-Martin, and i believe quit, or got dismissed from the team. Not real sure, But i know he isnt there anymore.I do know this though... When he quit, he joined the Marines. I don't know if he is oversea's, but my guess would be that he is. He is the only player i know of that went into the service. As for earlier players or other teams, no clue