Blackman Blaze

Fullback49

Bigshow, dude I know who you are too now. I didn't say that Lavergne didn't have any talent, but that they didn't have a big time winning tradition. I know some players there worked hard, especially Grimes, but what I'm trying to say is that it is hard to have as big of a winning attitude as a team that hardly ever loses. I know that before Blackman was built, people that went to Riverdale or Oakland didn't really know how to take a loss because it rarely ever happened. By the way, how are you doing in football at UT-Martin? I haven't heard from you in a while. Well anyways, I wish you the best of luck and I hope next year you will average about 10 pancake blocks a game.

In case if anyone reading this post doesn't know, Bigshow was Blackman's right tackle (2000-2001). He was about 6'6" 305 lbs. He was our very first All-State football player.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lilpeashooter, yes I do still go to Blackman. I am a senior this year.

Bigshow99, now that I now that you are a former teammate of mine, we need to keep in touch more on coacht. I'm on everyday in my computer class at school at about 12:45-1:30.

Good Luck 4-5A!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by bhsOL on 3-21-03 8:15P]

OL, don't be tellin people who i am or i'll have to beat you up. haha. as for who came from where and when and why, everyone has made valid points, but bottom line, we all come to the consensus that 4-5A is the best region in the state! it doesn't matter who dominated blackman's starting team; what matters is they were all talented players. news: i just recently had a conversation with one of riverdale's junior players. he told me that many of this year's starters are leaving for oakland and blackman (and other schools) since the rezoning lines were drawn. he was saying that the offense will have to rely heavily on dave thomas and spike mcdaniel. (derente frazier won't be playing.) the D won't hurt as much, but they'll really have to step up in order to do well this season. i asked him why everyone was leaving, and he said that the team is not going to be as strong as it has been in the past. everyone is leaving to play ball elsewhere. i find this hard to believe, as i'm sure many others do, because riverdale has always managed to have a strong team, depsite the circumstances. they have a repuatation for making "lemons into lemonade" so to speak. however, if this is true, this leads the way to a new regional champion in 4-5A. being biased, i'd love to see it go to blackman, but i really see oakland stepping it up this year. as of now, the title is up for grabs and may the hardest working, most dedicated team win!

bhsol,I am not at UT-Martin anymore. Ever sine I suffered from my heat stroke last fall things have not been the same. UT-Martin was a great school just wasn't meant for me. As soon as I got there things were going the wrong way. We also had a coaching change in which the new coachs didn't believe I was up to par because of my heat stroke. So, I am back in the boro working right now. I hope to go walk-on at Middle Tennessee one day, but my health is not so good right now. I had a medicial redshirt last year, so that leaves me 5 more years of playing time left. We all need to get together(the old o-line) one day I havent seen yall in months!!!! ;);)

I respect blackman for having such a good team in such a little amount of time BUT the past spells it all riverdale has never lost to blackman. and only lost to oakland 9 times. I feel as if everyone wants to see us lose but they don not work hard enough to make it happen.oakland blackman are close but could not finish. at riverdale average players become good and good players become great.

I have been reading posts for a long time and not once have I read where Blackman's success was attributed to the coaching they received before there was a Blackman. I am proud of the fact that Blackman has established itself as a respectable opponent and a state power but lets remember where most of these kids received their early coaching. Most of these Blackman's posts are so easy to put down other programs and other schools'success that they soon forget where they where taught fundementals. I am not saying Blackman's coaches aren't doing a good job, but I feel their early success is directly attributed to some of the coaching they received at Oakland and Riverdale.