the forgotten angie wells

slamjam

well all year people were wondering when they were going to see angie wells the talented freshman of cleveland high play. well you got a glimpse of her, but just a glimpse. angie has always been a talent, but mayby her coach rachel moore don't think so. well she proved to her and all that doubt her in the past regionals. congratulations angie on getting all-tournament. i for one don't see how you lasted over there on the bench just rotting away. keep your head up and understand that good things happen to good people.

angie started playing basketball at Arnold Elementary and she then was a tremendous athlete. As far as playing jv that is not where she truly shines, angie deserves and can handle playing in any situation that high school has to offer. yes she did play some tonight in the loss to shelbyville. she now knows that it's time to go back to work.

hey congrats to angie on making the all-region team...it just lets everybody know that if u do all the little things (esp defense) and play for the team instead of urself then u will be rewarded...coach moore has a diffucult task of playing all the talent that the team has...i see alot of things happening for u...get to the gym now and become a more confident offensive threat b/c i think u got the offense u just need to get ur confidence and coach moore trust in handling the ball...go get em angie...GO RAIDERS!

I have said all season she should be playing. Others have posted and agreed. There is some talent at Cleveland, but "DEFINITELY NOT" enough to keep Angie on the bench. She has a very good knowledge of the game for a freshman, can lock you up with her awesome defense, plays hard, changes the flow of a game with her energy, amd most important, is a "TEAM" player. She don't check the stat book after the game to see who was high scorer. She don't care. She just wants to play and win. I'll go out on a limb and say, Angie will be "on the floor" next year, if not at Cleveland, somewhere. Congrats again on all- region. :)

gottahavheart your're exactly right but why should a young lady who is zoned to attend cleveland high school have to switch schools just so that she can get her props? I know what the coach is thinking she is just a freshman she will play all she needs to in years to come. well let's rewind time back to when holly rogers was a freshman I do believe she started. that's a problem in my book because yes holly is a good ball player, angie has the same qualities if not more because of her tenacious defense. don't confuse shooting the ball 30 times to get 20 points being a tremendous athlete, angie never let's that enter her mind. I think that considering what middle school program that holly, allison, and angie have came from speaks alot for them wanting to play basketball with some special guidance and I for one think that rachel can and I say again can do, being a division one player herself. Make the adjustments and be done with it.

Rachel was a very good high school baller at Meigs and Div. 1 player at Georgia.You don't play in the SEC unless you can play...but like somebody once said, " Just because you can play the game, don't mean you can coach the game." Rachel is young and still learning. Just hope she don't lose Angie. Angie can learn from Rachel, as she also played the point position, I believe. Conversations she has had with my daughter, it depends on whether Angie "truly" believes she is going to get the playing time next year that decides whether she comes back to Cleveland or not. She knows she can play. Rachel needs to talk to her.