Where is District 7AA?????

7Awatcher

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3pointer, my hat's off to Westview for a well played game, but I want remind you of something you posted last week. Tonight was not summer camp, it was for all the marbles. The western power shift will have to wait another year, as it has for the last 22 years, where there have been only 2 West TN AA champs and only 2 other finalists in that time!

Meanwhile, during that same time, district 7AA (8AA during the 80's/early 90's) has produced 9 state champs and 7 runner-ups. What other district can claim that? Not even those ladies in East TN can. So hold off a little on that West TN smack. At least in AA.

There is a lot of gold and silver in the seven schools that make up this district. Since TSSAA classified the schools A, AA, AAA in 1976, these schools have brought home 9 gold balls and 8 silver balls. If you want to count the 3 years that schools were classified as S and L, the count goes to 10 gold and 10 silver. Just for kicks, Baxter in their last year as a A school, won the silver.

I would think that there are several schools glad they don't have to play in this district night in and night out. What do you think?

[Edited by midtnbb on 3-16-03 10:47P]

JC was too big for westview, posted their guards up all night long

mmmmmmm...crow kinda tastes like chicken

on a side note LA wasn't very good. i'll give props to JC but instead of saying 7AA is dominant, i'll just say that JC is dominant. LA was the worst of the 8 AA teams.

JC should buy one extra ring though and give it to...

the AE coach :)

Guest laizthebest

How can you say LA isn't very good? They've had a great season. They've beaten quality teams like Jackson County, Cookeville, and McMinn Central...Every team has an off night every once in a while. You can't tell me they don't. LA just picked the worst possible time to have an off day. I don't know if they were nervous or what but they couldn't have beat Livingston Middle School the way they played Thursday...But life goes on. We'll be back next year. Don't worry.

[Edited by laizthebest on 3-17-03 3:14P]

Posted by 3pointer:

JC was too big for westview, posted their guards up all night long

mmmmmmm...crow kinda tastes like chicken

on a side note LA wasn't very good. i'll give props to JC but instead of saying 7AA is dominant, i'll just say that JC is dominant. LA was the worst of the 8 AA teams.

JC should buy one extra ring though and give it to...the AE coach :D

LA is 7AA and the only AA team that beat Jackson co this year. You do not know of what you speak. Get used to eating crow because Jackson co or Livingston Academy or York Institute, Two of the three will be in the Boro next year.

[Edited by jimbo44 on 3-18-03 10:42P]