AAA State Predictions

showtime7

This could be the most intresting AAA State in a long time. Usually we have one or two good teams and the rest are not very good at all. This year as I look down the brackets I see 6 to 7 really good teams that could beat each other on any given night but this is how I think it is going to go.

4:00 Thursday

This will be the best of the first round games. It is a repeat of last year first game when Memphis East sent Oak Ridge back home to get ready for next year. Oak Ridge has dominated all year until recently. I look for Oak Ridge to make a better showing than they did last year but there top three scorers have to score(Frazier, Stewart, and Holbrook). The question is the same this year with this game as it was last year. Can Oak Ridges Little Point Guard contain Tamara Sims. Sims pressured Oak Ridge out of Murphy Center and everytime Oak Ridge cut into the lead Sims broke them down off the dribble and either hit the jumper or hit Cleaves for a open Three. If Sims and Cleaves play well East will be tough to beat but I am going to go out on a limb and say Oak Ridge will come ready to play and for the first time in a long time make it to the Final Four in the State.

5:30 Thursday

Lets all go get something to eat during this game. Don't know how good of a game it will cause these may be the weakest two teams in the Tourney. None the less I think that Willie Wonka will have his girls back up and playing good ball and lead Beech to the final four of the state.

7:00 Thurs

When you look at this game at first glance you will probably go ahead and pencil Shelbyville alreay in BUT NOT SO FAST. That why we play the games. Mt. Juliet is a young team but they play hard. If they can handle Shelbyville pressure they will give the Eaglettes all they want but I think that Fuller and Newman may be a little to much and Shelbyville rolls to a 20 to 25 point victory.

8:30 Thursday

The Late Show staring Ashley Shields rolls in to the Boro. I can't wait to see this game and see what kind of game plan that "Ferlin" Huskey comes up with to stop Shields. Some say she can't be stopped but she is in the bracket with two of the best coaches in the state, Insell and Huskey, and if she can be stopped they will find a way. I believe that Uner, Wilhoit, and Broyhill will be to much for Shields and Sevier County rolls to a 15 point win.

Semifinals

Oak Ridge vs Beech

Can you say track meet. This is what this game will be and which team that is in the best shape will come away with the victory. I believe that Oak Ridge will out run Beech in a game that is closer than the experts think. Oak Ridge by 5.

Shelbyville vs Sevier County

These two teams have combined to win the last three state championships. This will be a good game cause both teams play really good defense but can Sevier County stop Fuller and Newman "I don't think so" Shelbyville wins and advances to the finals.

Finals

Shelbyville vs Oak Ridge

This may be the best state final game in many years. The brains of Shelbyville takes on the brains of Oak Ridge. The two best programs in the state will decide who takes home the gold ball. I look for Shelbyville to have revenge on there minds and come out and play that Ole Eaglette Basketball and take home the Gold Ball One More Time.

Good Luck to all and see you in the Boro.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see where the power lies with-in Class 3A over the next week as the best of the best appears to have made their way to the 'Buro with OR, Sevier County, and McMinn Co out of the East, Shelbyville, Mt. Juliet, and Beech out of Middle, and Mem East and Melrose out of the West. Dang, what gives??

So...how do I see it shaping up?? Well...let me take this thing round by round to start with.

I see Oak Ridge taking out Mem East in the 2nd best match-up of the 1st RD. I'll take OR by 5pts

Beech will outlast McMinn Co by 8pts

Shelbyville will oust Mt. Juliet by 15pts

In perhaps the best 1st RD match-up, the defending champion Sevier Co Bearettes play Ashley Shield's and her Melrose team. You pick'em. In a flip of the coin, I'm going with experience--Sevier Co by 3pts

As much as I hate to see it, I don't think any team in the Boro will come within 10-15 points of Shelbyville in the tourney. I saw the only game that Shelbyville lost this year and I must say they played terrible(for their standards), and Oak Ridge brought their A game. Rick Insell will not let this happen again. My predictions:

Shelbyville 72, Mt. Juliet 33

Shelbyville 66, Sevier Co. 41

Shelbyville 71, Oak Ridge 50

The only team in the state tournament that I feel can give Shelbyville problems is Memphis East because they play an uptempo game like Shelbyville and can put a lot of points up on the board in a hurry. If East can upset Oak Ridge in the 1st round for the 2nd year in a row, I see an exciting state finals game with Shelbyville winning a high scoring game by 10-15.

Either way, I say Shelbyville wins running away, and little Ricky gets another gold ball, even though I don't necessarily want to see it.

I would like to predict that "buford" is WAY off!!! Have you seen Mt. Juliet play? We are talking about a team that has beaten (3 times) a team that was ranked 2nd in the state for a good part of the season (Beech). What makes you think they will get beat by 40 points? Is Shelbyville that good? :confused:

Showtime7, I think you know nothing about these teams. If you think Mcminn is weak, your about half crazy. People said they would get beat by Riverdale and didnt, they only lost by 3 to Oak Rigde the first time they played and the second time had a 10 point lead before their best player fouled out of the game. They are very physical and can shoot the lights out, so if you want to see probably the most intense team play watch the Lady Cherokees of Mcminn. Mcminn by 10.