Final: Univeristy High 46, Rockwood 41

enall

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe instead of crying sour grapes about the shooting, give the credit to the UH defense. Brandon Bradley is the standout on the team, but he will be the first to tell you he's not a one man team. He's a team player surrounded by a fine group of TEAM players. GO BUCS!!!

ya know i will give credit where credit is due. UH is an alright team. i do believe that they are overrated. there was no doubt that if our shooting would have been like it was the past 2 games there would be no way that they could have hung with us. and don't give me the just take it as they have good defense stuff. cause we play some of the best defenses in this state and we still came out on top. wartburg has one of the best defenses this year that i have seen in a long time. cosby has a great defense. so i know we can handle good defenses. we just shot poorly. we couldn't get it to our go-to people. you guys will understand what i mean about cosby if you get the chance to play them in state. i would like to say good luck to UH and all other teams in the state.

Rockwood just had an off-night. I hated to see them lose to a team that I think they're 15 points better than, but I've always heard coaches say that when kids aren't in school they just don't play as well no matter the sport. Rockwood definitely looked out of sync tonight. I truly hope UH doesn't draw Cosby in the first round because it could get ugly.

man i don't mean to disrespect your team or anything. but i would be seriously surprised to see you guys get out of the first round. i agree with goose i hope you guys don't draw cosby. cosby beat a hancock county team by 25 that you guys just beat by 2. i dont' mean to take anything away from you guys or anything. you've got an impressive record.

I like the way he looks to score, but he looked very tired to me by the end of the third quarter. Just the way he was moving moving told me he was out of gas. Then to start the fourth quarter, he picked it up again and scored the first six points. I think the Junior Bucs need to find a way to give him some rest. Even if that means taking him out and playing stall ball until he gets back.

I would say they're a one-horse team on offense. When the rest of the guys shot jumpers it was Brick City all night. I don't think anyone shot a three-pointer that even looked like it might go in.

They are pretty tough on defense though. Even if you get to the middle, Bradley is their with his long arms and quick leaping ability to make it tough for anybody to get cheap baskets.

[Edited by goosevol on 3-11-03 9:56A]

Etrain, I coached against Wartburg and University this year, and comparing their defenses is impossible. There is no comparison in having a 6/6 shotblocker and not having one. We swept Wartburg twice this season while University High beat us by 20. We shot the ball poorly and just didn't come to play against UH but also their defense was outstanding. UH is not a one man team. Tillman, Quick, and the other role players have improved tremendously this season. Congrats on a great season to UH and Rockwood.....

[Edited by chill on 3-11-03 9:10A]