Micheal Jordan

caeagle16

booboo - A reference to MJ was made only to serve as an example. The discussion here is about high school players making every little effort. Your reference to the UT threads that were rightly locked were purely about college football and have no bearing on high school sports. If you want to talk about UT, join plus for $12. Otherwise, follow the rules.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get smart with me... There was a UT Football thread, and that's what I was thinking of. Either way, it makes no difference. You've got an agenda here... All you care about is what you want. Maybe you should be more considerate and think, "What can I do for the Coacht community." You shouldn't be starting frivolous arguments and threads.

TNBBALLMAN.....you get a good mark for that comment. Although I agree with you, our society is not made up of perfect situations. Most athletes, high school and undergraduate college players, that choose to go straight to the NBA do so for financial reasons, hardships (poverty) on families and what-have-you. What right does anyone have to say that someone has to go to college before going to the NBA? No one. Like I said I agree with you, but consider the families in poverty. If injured, NBA players still make their salaries. Bryant Reeves, BIG COUNTRY, has not played in one game or even practiced due to injury, he still gets his TEN million dollars for this season even though he has retired. Ten million dollars is more than 99.9% of the college degree workers make in their lifetime. Saying that athlete can not go to the NBA is like saying everyone, no matter who, must go to college, even little Johnny who did nothing but graduate. If you're going to make stipulations for athletes, then you have to make the same rules for the average high school student that goes to work straight out of high school, because that's what the athleted that go pro are doing, WORKING......

[Edited by Stokomo on 3-11-03 4:01P]

Actually i think this is one of the best threads ive seen soo far ..... you must be one of those people that only like treads thaat are arguing and fightingif you didnt like the thread cant you just ..... GO SOMEWHERE ELSE do you have to post .. oh wiat your wanting a fight wanna argue im me im good at it but .... ne way good point on the lower class families stokomo i didnt think abou it and since tnb seconded on my opinion shudnt i get a good mark he got a good mark on my subject lol ... oh well just thot i wud bring that point up but ne way

I wasnt being smart....Sorry for saying it in a smart manner....But i was just curious why i couldnt talk about UT sports...But then someone can talk about jordan...But i understand now....Also im not on here to argue or to fuss an fight with other members....Also i would like to help coacht an all the members...I dont want to put anyone down....Anyways i didnt mean to be rude on the earlier post...

caeagle i could not agree more. and perhaps the most troubling part is that his comments probably either upset his teammates off or simply fell on deaf ears. and with these thoughts in mind it makes it all the more easier to say there will never be another Jordan. The work ethic and values are way too skewed!

mhs, thank you for your response. You hit the nail on the head. I guess I forgot about the fact that, as you said, his (Jordan's) remarks either fell on deaf ears or mad his teammates mad. This definetly seems to be a problem in all levels of sports, especially high school, when I talk to players on a team, basketball or not, who can't take advice from a coach or older teammate. The coach normally has a purpose behind the drills, film, and other stuff he does-- (i'll admit, there are some bad coaches out there, though)-- but many young players are too caught up with their own advance ment and do not pay attention to helping the TEAM.

You get a good mark for pointing that out to me.

[Edited by caeagle16 on 3-12-03 6:28P]