D2 State Predictions

WesVLT

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

notre dame will win by more than 12. lausanne aint got nothin from what i hear. their big guy is slow and unathletic. and big BA might get surprised by mccallie. theyre playing the best theyve played all year. i think they already beat brentwood this year too, and they didnt even play well. i see an all chattanooga final.

Notre Dame vs. Lausanne-

Notre DAme is a very atheltic team and can play bot hdefense and offense very well. Lausanne plays a pretty athletic game too. Besides their big man "Gasol" they can run the floor pretty well. They can shoot from down town and drive in for the basket as well. It should be a good game but i think Notre Damem will just have too much for Lausanne. 65 Notre Dame- 51 Lausanne

Brentwood Academy vs. McCallie-

McCallie did beat Brentwood at the beginning of the year, but that was when BA was ice cold and they started off 3-6. Now they are 23-8. wining the last 20 out of 23 games. they are a much improved team, but McCallie is hott too coming off a upset form Father Ryan. It should be a good close game, 58 BA - 52 McCallie

Championship:

Brentwood Academy 59 - Notre Dame 53. i think Notre Dame's defense and offense will be a great challenge for the title. But i think that BA's team will prevail. The outcome of the game will depend on wether or not BA's big men have a good game or not.

Good Luck too all in the Tournment :D

[Edited by CoachBlue on 3-17-03 8:23P]

Shooter - correction: Their big guy (Gasol) IS something. He is really good, BUT he is not an athlete. Gasol is slow, but all he does is stand next to the basket, wait for the ball, and drop it in. He gets talked about so much mainly because his bro. is in the NBA. He will probably win Mr. Basketball because of his brother's status, although I think it should go to a true athlete such as Suddath or Bowman. I know people will hate me for what I just said because he is a scoring machine, and I'm glad that he leads his team. I just don't think he deserves the recognition of Mr. Baketball.

My predictions:

BA over McCallie

ND over Lausanne

State winner: BA

I do agree that it's anyone's game this year, except for Lausanne.

Guest BAballa

Who is gonna stop Dunlap and Wright? The only answer is no one. They are unstopable along with the rest of the Brentwood team. There is no way McCallie is gonna be able to beat them. McCallie has got nothin. They only got lucky against Father Ryan. I see Brentwood beating them by close to 20 points. Then when Brentwood gets to the finals they are gonna do the same thing on route to the state title.

Posted by BAballa:

Who is gonna stop Dunlap and Wright? The only answer is no one. They are unstopable along with the rest of the Brentwood team. There is no way McCallie is gonna be able to beat them. McCallie has got nothin. They only got lucky against Father Ryan. I see Brentwood beating them by close to 20 points. Then when Brentwood gets to the finals they are gonna do the same thing on route to the state title.

BAballa, I hope you're right! Still, though, McCallie beat Father Ryan and must be taken seriously. I wouldn't say that they "got nothin." Hopefully, though, Brentwood Academy will have more than McCallie's got when 7 days and 30 minutes roll around.

[Edited by WesVols on 3-13-03 11:02A]

McCallie did put down FR who put down BA all season....and one of those 2 losses that BA picked up in their hot street was to ND at BA even though its wrong on this board. I see Mccallie pulling off another upset honestly....and ofcourse ND should kill Lasuanne...so I see an all Chattanooga match up with an upset by Mccallie over BA....good luck to all

Posted by BAballa:

That's just silly! WesVols said it all. Thay got stopped a bunch this year. I am a huge BA fan, and really hope they win...and believe they will if they play their best. Let's face it, though...they're a very young team, and young teams don't always perform in the big games. Hopefully the two scrimmages they have set up for today and Monday (against a strong Gallatin team and an even stronger Columbia Central team) will help them get ready.

i recall the BA team playing in the Region Tournament Championship, and we were wondering why they weren't playing like they have been, Then some people and I came to the conclusion that the freshmen on BA weren't playing like they have been, they were actually playing like freshmen!!

So you never can count out McCallie, also, we will find out who the real big players are for BA, cause Big players play Big in Big games.

Good luck to all in the Tournament