Dobyns Bennett vs. White Station......

chill

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Opperman what an excellent post. Any of you db fans who are confident, be that way, but i got one thing to say to you.... White Station subs 5 players at a time and doesnt lose a step!!! If anything they gain one bc they have 5 fresh legs on the floor. One more thing to that effect, WS had countless games this year when 10-12 players scored. They surely have the longest box scores every time they play in the commercial appeal!!! Go White Station! Make it 4 straight in AAA for Memphis!!! DB, sorry you just got a sorry first round draw, does one and done mean anything to you?

WHO GIVES A CRAP HOW MANY THEY SUB, WHO THEY HAVE PLAYED, WHAT THEIR RECORD IS? WE DONT CARE IF THEY ARE RANKED #1 IN THE NATION THE PRESSURE IS ON THEM TO BEAT US. heck I'D RATHER BE THE UNDERDOG IN A FIGHT ANYDAY. IM NOT GOING TO BAD MOUTH WHITE STATION IN ANY WAY I KNOW THEY HAVE A GREAT TEAM -ONE OF THE BEST IN THE NATION ALL IM SAYING IS THE HEATS ON THEM -NO ONE EXPECTS US TO WIN.THATS THE WAY WE WANT IT.

Thanks for the West TN BBall INFO. You know, East TN is so far away from West TN, it's a totally different world. We are closer to Chicago (here in Kingsport) than we are to Memphis, so we get nothing in the way of Rival Games, scores, or any kind of team info. That is why COACHT.COM IS AWESOME!!

It sounds like (from your ref. to Bartlett) that the best way to stay close to WS is play tight D, and have a great coach on the bench. This is a good thing. I am not saying DB will win... I fully expect they will play their tales off and I would be shocked if this game is anything other than a close ballgame. No way, DB will get blown out, period. Kingsport DB knows a little about Defense also. Season Avg Opponents scored 51.35ppg

At one point DB's record was 6-3. Since then 24-1 with Opponents scoring 47.6 in that stretch. The 1 loss was as good a loss as you can ever have. It came just before Tournament time and it got this DB TEAM FOCUSED for the DISTRICT, REGION, SUB STATE AND NOW STATE TOURNAMENT. Including a 6-0 run IN Johnson City (Science Hill home town).

Again, thanks for the info. I hope and expect this is will be a great game.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!! ;)

Opperman, great post. Everybody, even people in east TN know what a hotbed Memphis is in basketball. If you can go all year with just 2 losses while playing in Memphis, then you must be darn good. That's the difference between the west and the east. DB did beat SH and Greeneville, but to lose to David Crockett is crazy. I understand that you have off nights and play down to your competition, but getting beat by Crockett, come on. I'm sure DB will play hard, but WS will still win by 15+.

Posted by ArtVandalay:

You know, East TN is so far away from West TN, it's a totally different world. We are closer to Chicago (here in Kingsport) than we are to Memphis, so we get nothing in the way of Rival Games,

Uhhhh, no.

Memphis is far, but Chicago is still almost 200 miles further than Memphis from Kingsport.

OK - The Ill. and Mich. State Lines are closer than Memphis from Kingsport. It's just that Memphis is such a heck hole(that's not my words, but people who HAD to live there), that anybody would rather drive the extra 200 miles be in Chicago than Memphis. And, from what I have heard, the people in Memphis consider themselves more Ark. or Miss than TN.

I concede DB's fan support for football is top-notch. They travel well and sell out at home for most any game. However, basketball has been a different story in recent years. Sure, they will take a big crowd to the Boro, but they have had many less than steller crowds at home. Yeah, big crowds for the Science Hill games, but not for many others. Don't argue that people do not want to see a blow out, because they do. Everyone loves to see the lambs slaughtered. Truth is, until recent success, the Dome has practically been an away game for the Indians. I suspect if DB loses in the first round, it will be that way again to start their year next year.

Fan support has grown this year regardless and with an improving program, next year will have as many or more people. I will promise you that. Coach Morgan has brought basketball fan support up and it will grow next year even if DB does not match this season.

I was born in raised in Memphis, and I am not from Arkansas or Mississippi.

My parents have real estate liscenses in those two states as well as TN, they are not like Memphis and don't say that they are. I don't get on here and diss Kingsport or rely off of what other people say. Memphis is a fine city, it has a rich history and even has a professional sports team. It is not a heck hole and there are many poorer counties in the mid-south (Tunica, MS comes to mind a few years ago!). Just stop while your ahead, focus on the game, this is not a let's diss Memphis thread.

(By the way, I'm not living in Memphis currently, I'm living in Knoxville, and I prefer Memphis...but I don't get on here and say bad things about Knoxville).