Dobyns Bennett vs. White Station......

chill

Guest BleacherRef

I'm with you Indian99..........this thread has lost its' focus -- I'm gonna say this about it: I'm glad the young men on the team are acting more grown up than the adult (?) fans on here and I'm glad they get along better and don't bicker among themselves like the adults on here are doing.....I'd hate to see these adults try to accomplish anything as a team (that brings laughter to mind just to think about it!)

Good luck Indians, stay focused and play your hearts out in Murfreesboro. I am proud of you all and will be right there backing you (win or lose) 'cause you're ALL winners in my book.

Roll~~~~~~~~~~Tribe~~~~~~~~~~Roll

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Bleacher Ref.......

I love to check out what is going on on here except for the last few days of #### for tat about cities.....

Let's all focus .........

DB INDIANS BASKETBALL TEAM

The team is working hard.....stay focused on C-Mo's plan....and your goal......REACH FOR YOUR DREAMS !!!!

ROLL TRIBE ROLL :)

I have sit here listening to all this "Memphis teams are superior" line of thought,and frankly,i am fed up with the ignorance and arrogance of the Flat landers.Memphis IS NOT a "HOTBED" of basketball.Look at the population compared to Kingsport and my City Cleveland,compared to the level of talent on even my local area teams,Cleveland,Bradley Central,Chattanooga Central,Howard,etc.All of these schools are within 20 minutes or so of each other,so talk about a diluted talent pool with only 400,000 people in Chattanooga/Cleveland compared to what, 3 million in Memphis?If there is any so called Hotbed % wise it's here.

Of course all Native East Tennesseean's know that after you cross the Cumberland Plateau,you might as well have entered another state anyway. ;) Hey even if DB,BCHS,etc. get beat,we still win on Best Fan support,best people,Most natural beauty---I tell ya whats unbeatable,daybreak in the mountains of east Tennessee,watching the smokey blue haze rise up from the valleys as you are whitewater rafting down the Ocoee river. ;) GO Bears , Go Tribe.. We ready!!!We ready!!! We ready!!!

Well, i'm sorry to tell ya but even the ESPN announcers tonight during the Memphis/Louisville game, and who know more than you, said "Memphis is a hotbed for basketball." But I guess everyone is wrong b/c Memphis hasn't taken the last 5 AA gold balls and the last 3 AAA Gold balls. Only reason they haven't taken the A gold ball is b/c they only have one team and that is Mitchell, who is in the state tourney this year and could take that too. I guess we're just all morons and ignorant to the superiority of East TN BBALL, LOL.

I gottcha back here Art ol' buddy.

Kpt to Memphis 490 miles (nothing worth the drive since Elvis passed away (All Rise and Pay Tribute, oh,,,pass the Bacon, thank you, thank you very much)

Kpt to Mich/OH state line - 500 miles

Kpt to Ann Arbor, MI - 546mi (for 56 mile extra mi. you could watch Mich vs Oh St in the Big House, worth the drive)

Kpt to Chicago,IL - 556 (some smarta**, said it was 200 mi futher than the Memphis trip, get a map!! your wrong - its only 67 miles more. And for 67 mi. you can watch the Cubs play IN WRIGLEY FIELD- worth the drive

Kpt to Cleveland, OH - 475mi (save time and get to jump into the Dawg Pound for the Browns vs Steelers)-worth the drive

Kpt to Indianapolis, IN - 407mi (get to see THE VOL - PEYTON MANNING and the Colts play at home, 87 mi closer)worth the drive

Kpt to Pittsburg, PA - 410mi (save alot of time and get to see the Steelers play the Browns again in a rematch)worth the drive

Kpt to Washington DC- 403mi (timesaver and could watch MJ play in his final season at home for the BULLETS (refuse to call them the Wizards) also, you could drive by and fly the bird to Hillary Clinton!! well worth the drive

Kpt to Myrtle Beach- 403mi. save an hour and you can be at the #1 beach in America for Spring Break - maybe be in the background of a "Girls Gone Wild Video" **well worth the drive!!

Kpt to Murfreesboro - 271mi. Only have to drive 1/2 way to Memphis to SUPPORT AND CHEER for the BEAST OF THE EAST to play Memphis WS - WIN OR LOOSE - WELL WORTH THE DRIVE

Can't Stop the Chop

7 Out ;)

[Edited by SevenCastanza on 3-15-03 9:15A]

[Edited by SevenCastanza on 3-15-03 12:07P]

[Edited by SevenCastanza on 3-15-03 2:03P]

Kpt to Chicago,IL - 556 (some smarta**, said it was 200 mi futher than the Memphis trip, get a map!! your wrong - its only 67 miles more. And for 67 mi.

No, you should get a map. Try 150 miles further. I just checked online (not checking beforehand) and it is 640 miles from Kingsport.

I can't believe someone was saying that Cleveland, TN (or anywhere in East TN) is more of a hotbed for basketball than Memphis. That is a complete joke. Typical of a vol fan.

Ya know, StevenCastanza, that's fine that you wouldn't want to drive here instead of those places. But ya know what, from here, I can be in Dallas in 8 hours...Chicago in about 8 hours...St. Louis in about 4, New Orleans in about 6, Kansas City in about 7, Oklahoma City in about 7 or 8, Birmingham in about 4, Florida in about 9...we'd rather go to all those places than Kingsport, so what's your point? I will tell you, I am impressed by the research you did for the distances, even though you're wrong about Chicago (try more like 637). Myrtle Beach is more of a spring breask hotspot than New Orleans, Cancun, Panama City, Miami, South Padre Island? I *DON'T* think so.

Memphis isn't a hotbed of basketball? Not this again. I swear, you people say the same thing every year, no matter how wrong you are about it. I'm at work right now, so I don't want to waste too much time on a response, so I'll actually respond with more than just "You're wrong" later, but for now, here's my response: You're Wrong, and You're Ugly Too (Good Mark to the first person who posts what I'm alluding to).

Well Opp, have a nice trip. West of the Miss. is another world to us in the Eastern Time Zone. I am glad I got you guys to expand your Net Surfing'. It was Detroit that is 560 mi. (just 67 further than Memphis), not Chicago, my mistake. So instead of catching the Cubs in Wrigley, you could, for just 67 more miles... Watch the Tigers play in their new stadium, or the Lions or the Pistons.That would be a good trip, worth taking.I guess what all that comes too is.... Memphis is a long dang way from Kingsport. You can have your hotbed of hoops, your big city living. For me, I love it here in the mountains, it's a little slower pace and for the most part, everybody is good people.

And for you Greeneville fans that thinks Kingsport stinks so much....The City of Kingsport had a particularly ODD Odor on a certain night back in Feb. It was the 5th, and that smell was in the Buck Van Huss Dome as your Green Devils STUNK UP the place, 56-44, and that was way closer than the game really was.

Dang, it is a long time till Thursday....

Have a good Sunday everybody

Canb't Stop the Chop

7 Out ;)