Abby Fanning

balldog

I am sorry to say but I was also not that impressed. Is my standards to high or did she just have a bad game. Yes, I am a Cloudland fan but don't think I am saying this because we lost.Her speed and leadership will be a key factor for a college team. She has a great future and I wish her and the rest of the Moore County team the best of luck.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jdtoo

Abby did not play her best game yesterday...none of the girls were at the top of their game, but they still managed to pull out the win. Abby is one of the best point guards in the state, and definitely deserves to be a miss basketball finalist. And the thing about the shot she made from her knees is that Abby makes unbelievable shots all the time...yeah maybe not from her knees but through 2 6ft posts. She also can dribble through a press right and left. Come watch Abby and rest of the Moore County team tomorrow and I guarantee you will see a totally different team. They will definitely give Ezell a run for their money, and in my opinion MC will come away with the Win!

hey cloudland fan...let me see u get out there an' guard abby...i dont think u can say summin by seein her one time...and another thing what was tha deal wit tha girl that was guarding abby...can she not keep up...she kept falling down when abby faked her out twice in a row...???? tell me she isnt good now....

Miss basketball is not about just how many points u average a game...its about character (which she has a lot of), ur academics, and UR HEART for tha game... *( and she has a lot of that...shows more heart than anybody i know)*

Good Luck Raiderettes!!!

Not only is she dynamite on the basketball floor, she is a fantastic student as well (either number one or number two in her class). She represents the very best in school athletics.

I did not say Abby is bad. All I said was that I was not THAT impressed with that being the key word. I have to say I was impressed but really did not understand what all the hype was about. Yes, it was just one game but the game I saw was a big game. Alot can be said about how a person plays in 1 big game. They have to be at their top in that game to win it. As for her faking our player, I am not sure but she tried it several times and Tara(#24) and Nikki (#12) stuck right with her. I guess those times Tara was showing that she was tired because she had been out there the entire half and almost all of the first half so......

I wish Moore County and Ms. Fanning the best of luck as they play in the Championship game and the rest of their lives.

landergolfer@coacht.com

The Moore Co. girls team represents the very best of what sports is all about. They are not very athletic, they are not great shooters, and they don't impress you in warmups. What they do is play as a TEAM. It revolves around Abby, because that is her role. Every single player on that team knows her own role and they don't try to do someone else's job. Abby knows that she's not the most athletic girl in the state, but I bet she does know that she's among the smartest and the grittiest. Coaches Sessions and Price have done the best job of any coaches in the state with these girls. ;)

A lot can be said about how a person plays in one big game? A lot can also be said about a person who gets there team into the big games. Abby was the only class A finalist still playing in the state tourn. Sure she didn't have a great tournament, but anyone who has seen the Raiderettes play this year, especially in the post-season, knows she is the reason they are in the tournament to begin with. This girl holds the TSSAA state record in career assists with over 800, has scored over 1300 career points, and holds the Moore Co. career steals record formerly held by Miss Basketball and 3-time OVC player of the year Janet Holt. You're right, I'm not impressed either. :)

Where to start on Abby Fanning, hmmmmm? SMART? If she's a doctor, I'm a patient, If she's an accountant, she does my taxes, and so on and so on. KNOW BASKETBALL? She helped write the book I think.

Poor Cloudland, 'justafan'. To think you hold yourself so high that you can judge a player on one game, Scary up there, "come down off the cross honey, somebody needs the wood!"

I've watched Abby play since she was seven years old. Oh my goodness! The shot from the knees was nothing! Try halfcourt, on the buzzer, in the district or region! You would have been asking for autographs if you had only seen some of what we've seen. We will miss watching her and the other seniors, good luck to all in whatever your future endeavors might be.

Does Abby deserve Miss Basketball? you betcha! Doesn't matter if she gets it or not, in our minds she IS 'Miss Basketball', that's all that matters.

Heck, as the Alzheimers begins in the future, I will selectively remember them winning the "state" (Ha Ha) I've heard some thought the '98 team won, just because Janet got Miss Basketball. Time is a lovely thing.

So for you and the other two people from Cloudland that attended the game, (where was your crowd and cheerleaders?)

try to find a way to uplift young athletes who are mere high school students. I pray you're a child yourself and not a parent that all this ugly talk could come back on you someday.

Guest 2cool4u

Abby Fanning desserves Mrs BASKETBALL,NO MATTER WHAT THE STUPID notjustafan SAYS. Abby should not get Mrs Basketball for the shot at the knees, She should get Mrs basketball for how good she is. If Abby does not go to a colledge, all the collledges are all stupid!!!!Abby should also get Mrs basketball cause of her attitude!!!!GO ABBBY!!!!!!!!!!! :)

[Edited by 2cool4u on 3-15-03 3:59P]

First of all, I want to apolgize and say I am sorry to all the people whose "feathers I ruffled." I am sorry and I will try not to do it. What I said is not how I thought it would come across and I ask that you forgive my igornce in that. I try my best not to get people mad but sometimes I don't even mean to and I do. Just ask some of my friends.

Second, I have ask myself and several other people where our fans and cheerleaders were. It made Roan Mtn. look really bad in my opinion. Our community usually has more support then that. It sure felt like there was only 3 there.

Fianlly, I think Abby is a great ballplayer and will have a great future. I hope to hear her name one day while watching a Women's college game or even a WNBA game.

landergolfer@coacht.com