Brentwood Academy 69, Columbia 52 -- Scrimmage

WesVLT

Today at Allen Arena, Brentwood Academy defeated Columbia 69-52 in a full-length scrimmage between state-bound teams. The Eagles led 39-28 at halftime and never looked back, cruising for the victory in a fast-paced contest. Both teams played all their best players and employed aggressive strategies, taking advantage of the tune-up opportunity. Brentwood Academy was clearly the better team today. Best of luck to both squads as they hit the 'Boro!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tm, nobody is "hating on" Columbia...I simply gave the score of the scrimmage today.

macintosh, the starters for both teams were in for the whole game. It was not the typical scrimmage...both teams figured they'd try to get better against another great ballclub, so they left their best players in for the typical amount of time.

The purpose of this post was to simply give the score and some details, not to make any big claim. Draw your own conclusions. :rolleyes:

If you do not like the response WesVols then it shouldn't have been posted from the jump.

Fact of the matter it was a SCRIMMAGE!

and any team with common sense wouldn't let their players play at their full potential at this time of the season.

(anything can happen, and anyone can stand a chance of getting hurt).

So BA is still rated whatever they were rated before this game and the rank is not going to change because of a SCRIMMAGE.

so get over it!

Oh one more thing, Columbia hasn't been mentioned on Coach T in what seems like forever, so don't start mentioning the C-Town now.

We wish not to be included in this bunch of crap that takes place on these boards.

People of Columbia... I have reason to believe that you all will at the least make the semi-finals, and for BA people, I have reason to believe that you all can possibly win. But from experience, I know that Columbia has been open to play D2 teams, and there have been great games played between the Lions and D2. Yes, the key word is scrimmage, but a 17 point loss must make you think again about your team, espically if you all want to win on the AAA level. I'm sure that WesVols is just trying to report scores on his team just like he does for football and all the other sports at BA, and he does a commendable job for his reports. Don't get on him for reporting the truth. Another truth is that both teams will do well and good luck to both in the state.

Posted by macintosh:

If you do not like the response WesVols then it shouldn't have been posted from the jump.

Fact of the matter it was a SCRIMMAGE!

and any team with common sense wouldn't let their players play at their full potential at this time of the season.

(anything can happen, and anyone can stand a chance of getting hurt).

So BA is still rated whatever they were rated before this game and the rank is not going to change because of a SCRIMMAGE.

so get over it!

Oh one more thing, Columbia hasn't been mentioned on Coach T in what seems like forever, so don't start mentioning the C-Town now.

We wish not to be included in this bunch of crap that takes place on these boards.

macintosh, take it easy, bud. If you'll notice, in my first post I simply reported the score and offered my observations regarding how the scrimmage unfolded. I stated that Brentwood Academy was the better team today. By claiming this, however, I did NOT mean: 1)That Brentwood Academy was ALWAYS the better team, 2)That Columbia had no chance in the State Tourney, OR 3)That it was anything more than a scrimmage.

The truth is, I mean NOTHING but respect for Columbia. Like Harry, I have them slated to advance to the Semis, and I like Wadele Williams a lot. As I bluntly stated in my second post, I meant nothing beyond what I stated when reporting the results of the scrimmage.

Best of luck to the Lions...I'll be cheering for them!!

this harry guy is a complete fool. s-c-r-i-m-m-a-g-e and i have talked to a PLAYER for columbia and no the starters only played about 2 quarters a piece give or take and back to why harrys an idiot you said think about a 17 point loss especially if u want to win on the AAA level it seems to me they are having noi trouble winning where their at how many straight district titles have they won i think its like 8 and look where there at the state tournament by no means am i saying brentwood academy is bad there very talented but if u want to say theyre better b/c they won this little scrimmage game than you mine as well believe in the tooth fairy but my point is u cant take stock in a scrimmage game

Posted by mattm135:

this harry guy is a complete fool. s-c-r-i-m-m-a-g-e and i have talked to a PLAYER for columbia and no the starters only played about 2 quarters a piece give or take and back to why harrys an idiot you said think about a 17 point loss especially if u want to win on the AAA level it seems to me they are having noi trouble winning where their at how many straight district titles have they won i think its like 8 and look where there at the state tournament by no means am i saying brentwood academy is bad there very talented but if u want to say theyre better b/c they won this little scrimmage game than you mine as well believe in the tooth fairy but my point is u cant take stock in a scrimmage game

"fool" and "idiot." Nice. Sounds like you're a pretty diplomatic debater. :D

Best of luck to the Lions.