1a football

pujo

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by pujo:

Rank the top 10 for next season.In no order my picks would be,Cloudland,USJ,CPA,DCA,BB,South Pitt,Greenback,Bruceton,Cascade and Fayette Acadamy,Collinwood will probably be in the hunt also.

Just a few thoughts:

USJ is the team to beat this year, in my eyes, and the team in the East to do it would probably come from South Pitt.

South Pitt returns a great deal of people, I hear, but the main focus is on USJ, in my opinion. Year before last, they lose Greg Fay, and according to most should be terrible, but the return with near-to-nothing and make it to the semis, ultimately losing to the eventual state champions. Of course, the eeriest of twists would be to praise them this year, and then have absolutely nothing. We'll see, but those look like the teams to beat, and the teams that other teams (coughgreenbackcough) will have to live up to.

--Joe Kemple

pujo, that will not be the highlite of the evening. USJ has their own fight song, "We love privates, yes we do. We love privates, how about you?" They make all the visitors sing along with them. It was not to bad when CPA went over there, cause we kinda liked the song. Not sure if the Roan Mountainers will. :D

Hey Pujo,

I am not disrespecting you, because you are a man of great wisdom, but I have to remind you of something. Cloudland has had their behinds handed to them the last two years, face it, THEY CAN'T COMPETE WITH THE PRIVATE SCHOOLS because they recruit better players than Cloudland.

The score at halftime last year was 12 to 8. I believe this will be our best year. Depth is the concern, alot of guys going both ways. Our schedule should be tougher so our starters will stay on the field longer,should be in real good shape by the end of the season.

i agree teams like cloudland usj and cpa will be tough this yr..but COLLINWOOD has lost a lot of top players and has nuthing to fall back on so can u say WAYNE CO. if any team in wayne co does compete it wont be COLLINWOOD so u heard it here COLLINWOOD FOOTBALL IS DOWN!!!!lets go cats

You know it is so hard to pick the best ones in 1A Football i think cause all these schools have so many good athletes that the others schools dont know about, i saw bruceton scrimage union city and i hate to say it but bruceton looks awful this year so they are down back like i said it is so hard to predict who be good or not. But most of these teams private schools i guess will be like usj , ezell or cpa i dont know if ya are private but most of all ya are always good but i hope we will be , we should be. well good luck to all the 1a teams in 1a football!