OS position opening???

rSquared

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that it is very proper and very understanding that Coach Channell would make a few calls to those coaches that he knows and that he thinks would be a good fit -he knows the needs of the girls program and has many contacts in the coaching world --most people do not understand the need and importance for the girls & boys coach to work well together -in everything from scheduling practice time summer work out travel and (for lack of a better word)

CO-COACHING in many instances there is encouragment and little pointers being based on across team lines --Coach Channell owes it to the BOBCAT program and to the OZ community to try and make the situation as positive as poossible. i believe that if an opening occures at a school the other coach(girl/boy coach) should to involved in the hiring process-or at least asked and given a chance to have input

""""I have made several calls to people that I think might be interested in the girls job (to encourage them to contact our principal). I do not have any clue who will eventually be hired. They may be a local... it may be somebody from outside the community but I would be foolish not to encourage people that I know would do a great job to inquire about the job. Nice attempt..... keep trying"""""

[Edited by redupset on 3-28-03 10:06A]

Guest LukeDukeKnows

Here's what I am talking about:

I have talked to a coach who wanted to discuss the OS job: The first words out of their mouth were the following:

"Coach Channell has called a dear coaching friend of mine about helping HIM coach the girls next year and wanted to know if they were interested."

I want to hear comments on this one!! I want to hear the SPIN!!

A man called me the other day and said that a buddy of his told him that the other guy's brother-in-law spoke to a good friend about Coach L telling a fellow at the grocery store that he was going to quit as scoreboard operator and become the new girls coach.

Boy, that's credible.

ROFL!

Posted by iamoz:

A man called me the other day and said that a buddy of his told him that the other guy's brother-in-law spoke to a good friend about Coach L telling a fellow at the grocery store that he was going to quit as scoreboard operator and become the new girls coach.

Boy, that's credible.

Let's give LukeDuke some credit on this one because he actually may know something after all - even if he does not have his facts straight!!! I did call a friend of mine that I have worked with before and encouraged him to apply for the girls job. I suggested if everything worked out and he got the job... maybe he could assist me again as he had time... with the boys!!!

As I said earlier... Nice attempt - try again.

Guest HokeyPokey

LukeDukeKnows -- I would say luke has hit a button. He knows more than he is saying and I believe through some mutual contacts that there maybe some shady dealing going on. Beware your sins will find you out! All that glitters is not gold! ;)

[Edited by HokeyPokey on 3-28-03 8:32P]

I heard Bradley Lambert's going to take the job, using unique computer programs to match-up with every team OS plays during the season. Give me a break. All this speculation is getting out of hand. It'll be a while before anyone is announced as the new coach, so let's all settle down.

You all want the truth?

Can you handle the truth?

Me and Goose are going to alternate coaching the Lady 'Cats next basketball season. Didn't want to hype it too much, but all these rumors are crazy.

Goose and I plan on doing no conditioning at all...for you that know us...you will believe that last statement. The girls shall never run!! We will shoot, shoot and shoot some more. Defense? Bah! We don't need no stinking defense!

Anyway, we look forward to the upcoming season and realize the entire community shall be as one in support of our efforts. It shall be one big lovefest and everyone will get along and enjoy the offensive sets...and defensive strategies that Goose and I employ.

Looking forward to a great 2003-2004 season!!!