Is Bradley the team to beat in 2004

Guest justasportsfan

I told myself that I wasn't gonna reply to anymore of your nonsense b/c it's clear that you are just trying to cause trouble, BUT, I don't care. White Station has been on top for more than 5 years buddy. 2002 and 2003 State champs. 2001 they lost in the first round of the region but went like 31-2 and were nationally ranked before they lost. 2000 State Champs. 1999 they lost on a halfcourt shot in the sectionals to Memphis Hamilton. 1998 they were state runner ups. 1997 they lost to Tony Harris and nationally ranked East in the region. 1996 they were state runner up to East. I think they are probably the closest thing to a Dynasty this state has produced in a while. I have heard rumors of Coach Tippett retiring soon, so that might cause a drop off, but as long as he's there, they are gonna be good. Every kid in the city that is a top player either wants to GO to White Station or considers them highly. Say what you want about Bartlett, but they are the next best program after White Station. Besides Ridgway, they were the only team in town to really give White Station a scare. I can name between 6-10 teams from Memphis that would be at the state every year if they played in East Tn where the competition was weak. When I was younger, I had heard that the teams out East wern't that good and only had good records b/c they didn't play anyone but I didn't believe it. Then we'd go to the state and i'd see what everyone was talking about. Just face the facts man.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am from Elizabethton and know coach Tippet pretty well. I think as long as he is at White Station they will be on top. He is by far the best coach in Memphis. The onlything I disagree with is TJ saying that East Tn is very bad. I really do not understand how you can say that when Ridgway was who everybody was talking about and Elizabethton had them beat then Giles beats them. Science Hill was dominate in the 90's and coach pitts has BA winning now.

I agree about White Station being the team next year and the next year and the next year!!!!!!! :)

[Edited by CoachSH on 3-23-03 9:11P]

I don't know about Tippett being the best coach in Memphis, but he's one of the top 2 or 3....you have to remember, he gets GOOD players year in and year out, while Hubie Smith win's year in and year out w/ majority of undersized, slow white kids like myself. And about East TN, I was just never impressed w/ any of their teams I saw. Like in 2000, Bradley Central went in 34-2 and got beat by 26 in the state championship. And FireFly, you're just ignorant.

[Edited by TJ on 3-23-03 9:16P]

Guest pth88fndr

how could you not be impressed with any of the teams from east tn? Temple won the single A championship.there from east tn. and cleveland,tn produce 2 of the top 2 teams Cleveland and Bradley? and bradley should be back next year in the championship game since all there whole team will be back and with some good jr's coming up.

I agree that Bradley will be one of the best in the State next year, but...

Until dethroned, White Station is THE team to beat, and may be better next year. Jonathon Ball, Reilly Ervin, and JP Prince will be STARS, flat out! Courtney Pigram will be a major surprise. Shall is 6'8, and Chris Williams is 6'7, and both will move into a more prominent role. Colin Cunningham will be a 6'6 Jr Wing. This team will be flat out great again next year...

Fairley will be great next year, as will Jackson Northside, who each just lost one senior. Bartlett returns their two best from a very good season, and has one of the best coaches around. Hamilton will lose only 2 of their top 6 players. East will have 6'9, 6'10, and some young guards. There will be a lot of talent to rival Bradley and White Station next year....

I think you are referring to a different Bradley than what the thread is speaking of. I think the Bradley Central team is what it is referring to. Will they be back next year? Time will tell... Will they have the players to be in the finals? I think so. They made it this year with only two players that returned from last year's team. The other five that played will just get better and better after a years experience in the state. But to get back to the state, Bradly will have to face Cleveland in the district and region again, and either Columbia, Oakland or Blackman again. Then once in the state it would be a blind draw. Hamilton will probably be an opponent for them in the state again and White Station also. It is possible that they will probably be there. But don't count on it as a definite. I do think that Pickel, Hare and Pugh will just get better and better. Brown and Nipper didn't even dress last year and they have improved so much that I think Brown could get a good college scholarship. Suiter is just a sohpmore this year and came through for the Bears in several clutch situations. As long as Kent Smith is the coach and with this much talent, I would not count the Bears out. I would love to see them have a big year next year again with another shot at the gold. Next time I think they will bring it back to the East if the chance is there's.

yeah, it'd be fun to see a tourney of a 12 man All-Memphis team, vereses say a All-Nashville or All-Chatt. Memphis would still win though, IMO.

Also, about the whole Tippett out-recruiting people. That's ridiculous. Think, you come from Spain to Memphis, where your brother is already an NBA player. You're already 7 foot tall and you have a future playing basketball professionally. So naturally, you want to go somewhere that is gonna prepare you the best for basketball after High School. He probably asked around about what was the best basketball program and he heard White Station. If you want more, then take Jonathan Loe. He was a VERY VERY VERY talented but RAW (OMG RAW) basketball player but had potential for college. His first stop was NOT Bartlett, but White Station.

[Edited by TJ on 3-24-03 7:41P]

TJ I would agree with you with an all memphis team winning big. But first you would need to tell me who the coach would be. If it was Coach Tippet than Memphis would kill the rest of the state and I am saying this from East Tn. One thing though is I think you need to give East Tn coaches some respect for example Jody Wright at Nox Fulton or Tony Hardin at Elizabethton they do a great job with what they get in AA.

The thing with Tippet recruting is crazy! He gets the best players anyway. The only reason people are saying this is because he just keeps on winning. When Schience Hill was Great in the 90's they were getting players from North Carolona and New York. It is not the Coach that is talking to the kids it is the parents that see a great tradition and want there son to play for the coach because it will get him recruted for colleg way more.