A Tiger gain? A Viking loss? Rice to Mt. Pleasant?

hatchet

Word out of Mt. Pleasant this week-end is,

Perry County football coach Ricky Rice had

a VERY good interview for the Tiger Football

head coaching job on Friday. From all the

word I can gather IT'S A DONE DEAL. Coach

Rice has been Mr. Wolaver's pick from the

get-go but, Rice according to sources was

not interested in the MPHS job and was

more than happy at PC. Funny how a little

time and money "Whoops" did I say money

can change things. :D

The new coach will not be announced until after april 15th That is when they will know what openings the school will have. The budget cuts has everything messed up . They have interviewed about 9 coaches 3 or 4 that are for real! I do not see how anyone could have it wrapped up at this point in the hiring process. I do know that if they get the right man we all better watch out because there will be "H%## to Pay in region 6a"

You know this is one of the few places I didn't interview for and it was a job I would have really enjoyed! My guess is snowman is right, they will select someone after the non tenured teachers are shifted around or removed and bring in a new coach from another school or work an older coach into the system. I don't know if they still have a hiring freeze on in the county but I'm sure there are ways around that rule. If the new coach will go out and get the talent out of the halls and into uniforms, It could be a good place to build a program.

[Edited by ELA on 3-30-03 1:38A]

MP is loaded with incoming soph.and junior talent good size and speed. They played many fr. and sophs. last year in key positions, the freshman corner #12 played like a senior in the CA game and the big center was a freshman #22 played a great game at CA and I beleive he was a soph. That is the only time I saw them in person,but you always hear alot. Someone is going to get a good basis to work with.