Elizabethton hoops

CoachSH

I'm not an Eliz. guy----I watch a LOT of HS ball and what Betsy did this year was outstanding. I can understand why a son would be pruod of his father's team and the job he did.

With that said---why come on here and attack a son for stating his respect/joy for his father's team. There was nothing directed at anyone else.

Now---if this was said on another thread not titled Elizabethton hoops I would understand----but that certainly isn't the case.

If you want to discuss your own teams----start your own thread.

Congrats to Elizabethton as well as the rest of the quality teams in East TN who had solid years.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just saying give the people what they want everyone in this town has been waiting to see the Unaka VS Elizabethton

game for a long time so why dont you just get coach hardin

to call up at the highschool since his season is over with and set up a scrimmage or a game i mean whats it gonna hurt do you know what kind of attendace you guys would draw it would be almost as big as the substate.

First, let me say congratulations to Elizabethton for an outstanding season. You guys were a pleasure to watch. Now, let me state that I am not from Elizabethton, or even Carter County. So, with that said, after seeing both 'Betsy and Unaka play this year, why anyone in their right mind from Unaka would even want to play 'Betsy is beyond me. Unaka had a fine team, but to think they could stay on the floor with the Cyclones is absurd. Next year, maybe a different story. But this year, no way they can stay on the floor with them. It's easy to say that 'Betsy didn't want to play you for whatever reason. But the fact is PLAIN AND SIMPLE, Unaka could not play with them this year. So, get over it.

Guest treadwaycrazy3

Great Job Cyclones!!! You all had an outstanding season and everyone from ETown is proud of you. Hey CoachSH, don't worry about what all these stupid people say they are just jealos. That shows real class that they can't even praise a local team for having the kinda year those boys did!

Coach Hardin is a great coach and we had a great year. Creekercalhoun doesn't know what he is talking about, the only people who ever mention ELiz and Unaka playing is Unaka fans. But is funny, I've never heard them say anything about playing us in football. Wonder why that is?

Probably the same reason you guys dont play us in basketball

It kind of ponders my mind why you dont play cloudland in football answer me that utk.

Like I said you never know you could play with us till you guys actually get some guts about yourself

and your saying it wouldnt be a challenge i guess thats why our so called small school plays if not a tougher schedule then u guys besides our conference game

this so called unaka team played greeneville down to the wire went to the bahamas and finished with a 2 in 3 record

played teams that you guys even play tennessee high,johnson county sullivan central half the teams you play we play.

and TREADWAY CRAZY yea you guys did make it to the state tourney this year and guess what we did last year but we didnt get on here blowing it out of perportion i mean if you would have won the state i could have understood but getting on here and getting all happy because you actually made is pretty pathetic.

But enjoy it whyle u can because it will probably be your last appearance for a long time.

creeker, you cannot even get your facts right about Unaka, how can we take anything you say about anyone else seriouly. It is hard to have a 2-1 record when you play five games like Unaka did in the Bahamas. I know I was there. The record was more like 2-3. At least you got the 2 wins right.

The only reason Unaka wants to play us in basketball and not football is they think they might have a chance of winning. If the Unaka - Elizabethton matchup would be so great then why not whine about not getting to play us in football.

The best rival game we have ever had or ever will have was against Science Hill but when we dropped to AA they wouldn't play us anymore. If they don't want to play us then that is fine but you don't hear anyone from Eliz whinning about not getting to play them.

I'll give Unaka credit, they have a good program with good coaches but i would rather go to Nashville or somewhere down the country and play better teams with better talent than play a good single A team.

Does anyone know why they stopped playing each other, I know they use to?

[Edited by autkfan on 3-28-03 6:44A]

[Edited by autkfan on 3-28-03 6:48A]

let's see no one gave unaka a chance in baseball this season but the final score was 11-0. not boasting it was just the rangers day. it might be different next time. but fans for both teams enjoy this game. i agree with a post some time ago when a poster said give the fans the game they want to see. you would think sh with your dad being a unaka grad that he would love to go back to his old high school and play. you are right when you say betsy was good this season. but the same team central you were down 9 going into the fourth quarter at home by, unaka led by 16 at halftime at home against central before losing the lead in the fourth quarter. the point is anything can happen in basketball foul trouble, cold shooting etc. i dont know if they could have played with the cyclones this season but they sure could have last season and like it or not unaka will field their best team in quite some time next season. but the point we want to play better teams is mute because the best comp. is here in your back yard. like it or not they continue to challege you and the only way you shut them up is to play a home and away series such as the one with hampton and happy valley. as a former baseball and basketball or the rangers i would have loved to play that game although we did play the cyclones in baseball. i too am sick of seeing this on the coach t board but now is time to take action. do you accept the challege or do keep making excuses? the ball is in your court.

This thread was started to praise the Elizabethton basketball team and their coaches. It was started for the EHS fans to let the basketball team know how much we appreciate their hard work. What son would not be proud of his father for the great year he had? I fail to understand why fans from Unaka (not all - but some) who do not support the Cyclone continually come to the EHS sights just to down the Cyclones. Coach SH and all the Cyclone fans should take up for their team and their coach and should be proud of the team. This thread is NOT for those who do not support the Cyclones. I am so sick of hearing about an Elizabethton/Unaka game. In my opinion Elizabethton playing Unaka would not help the Elizabethton team get any better. To play or not to play a team is NOT mine or your decision, so why continually talk about it. Please get over it and don't bring it on our thread. Can't you just be happy for the Cyclones this year for their historic season and give them a pat on the back? Go Cyclones! :rolleyes:

Why do you guys down there think going to the state tournament is such a big thing I mean come one i could understand if you guys would have won it.

And your bragging about going this year look at who you had you shouldv'e went to the state tourney you shouldv'e went last year but you didnt. Unaka went last year and didnt get on here and blow it all out of porportion.

And your crazy if you think your wasting your time to play us we know you guys think of every copout to say to dodge playing us thats why your afraid of playing someone smaller then you unless you half to for example: Happy Valley, Unicoi, Hampton, All small schools But yet you guys wouldn't play them unless you'd half to.

Just keep thinking of more reasons not to play us your school colors still should be yellow instead of orange and black