Houston # 1 in state with loss????

bballguy4

well, honestly polls dont mean anything... it all matters in the end... POST SEASON is when it all counts... you have to remember most district tournaments have majority of those teams in them in a seeded bracket... you can still have the number 6 team in the district win state... its who's hot and on a run that make it to the state finals... all polls do during the season is give certain teams credit for what they have accomplished over those weeks of playing... sometimes its good and sometimes its bad, reason why is because when you're on top.. everyone is headhunting after you for bragging rights... honestly they should do away with polls because these people that rank them do they go see EVERY GAME at EVERY HS so how could they possibly know who is the best team in the state... its not like the state tournament is ONLY the top 8 teams in the polls... So what's the big deal who's first or last.. in baseball ANYTHING can happen!!!

How can Houston be #1 in the state with a loss to a small private school in memphis, Briarcrest. Briarcrest is a 2a school with only like 250 guys at the school and houston got their briches pulled down and spanked by them. If this Briarcrest team can become more consistant, no one with be able to stop them on their way to get another gold ring.

yes polls don't really mean anything, they are more for talk like this post. But hey, the team has one loss in 11 games thru Sunday ( thats when the records where taken thru) and played 6 games on 6 consecutive days - i'd say that is pretty good. According to my sources in Memphis the competition was very good. There are probably 4 teams who are #1 material - Houston, Germantown, Riverdale and Farragut... we'll see how it shakes out. I don't think that Knoxville area baseball is quite as strong as it has been in the past. bballguy4 - who do your feel deserves the #1 ranking at this time - you wouldn't happen to be a riverdale or farragut fan would you?

Houston--Mon.-beat Jack. northside

tues.- beat munford

wed-beat E.C.S.

thur-beat hunters lane

fri.- beat oak ridge

sat- lost to cordova

I don't know if anyone in the state played a tougher schedule. coach McCarter is not scared to play a tough schedule and if you do sometimes you are going to lose.My hat is off to Houston for a great start.

As someone said, polls are for debate, and "ain't it great to be an American" so that we can......and aren't we lucky that come May it will be decided on the field and not by the press. Press coverage for H.S. baseball suffers throughout the state. It is through site's like Coach T that people can discuss what they have seen. Thanks Coach T "for the vine."

W. TN. is always strong......Middle and E. TN. do not come up short either.....let's just continue to watch the scores and eventually the top teams will meet in May. The tournament's going on now are great warm ups as teams that do not normally meet, can, but most do not throw their #1, #2, and in some cases their #3, or #4. It appears that there area number of good teams and alot of quality players......it has just started....and I for one, am very excited. Hope to see you in "The Bluff City."