Best High School Coaches in TN

doctn

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well about Eric Turner from Bearden High School i mean he hasnt been to bad been to state 3 years in a row won back to back state titles coached the 2002 National Champions. Has currently coached Bearden to an amazing 50 straight wins cant really say enough about what all he has accomplished.

All three of those guys are great coaches. The guy from cookeville certainly did a good job last year, and who can argue with 50 straight wins? Vice is doing a good job this year with blackman. esp for this being the 3rd year in school history. This is the first year BHS has started off with a winning record.

Some coaches win because their programs have been fed by excellent players from travel teams or strong middle school programs. Riverdale is 5-1 without having used the same starting line-up in any of their games.

Before the season even began, their starting goalie each of the last two years decided to take a year off. Then, in the first few games, they lost two starters to injury, one for disciplinary reasons and have had others miss games due to illness or other activities.

Still, Coach Arman has kept the team working hard and competitive. I don't know what the balance of the season holds, but so far this season, Coach Arman has done a great job of coaching his team.

Hey Borodog-

I've played against riverdale the past two years, and all I ever see arman doing is going nuts. You guys play good soccer, but we know your team for the coach's antics-not your play. I hope when we play you this year he doesn't bust a vein or something-tell him to let the game play and take a valium or something.

My vote would be to Eric Turner. When you post stats like Bearden has in the past few years, you have to give the coach props.

Cookeville's coach has done great things with their guys team too. I thought they had an awesome run at state last year. Is he the girl's team coach also?

-LK