National Ranking

Travelerboy4

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said that. I haven't commented on his abilities, just said that it is stupid for us to say he is the best sophomore ever. You Giles Co. fans have lost some credibility. Starting threads like Giles Co. "best team in the nation?"

Ego, show me that thread! Also you lose credibility when you decide to sterotype people! DC, show me where anyone said that Tyler was the only good baller in Tn.!

Having seen him play as well as the Delks I do agree with gomab that you can't go wrong with any of them. Too many people make absurd comments like Tyler is as good as Lebron James or Tyler may skip college for the league or Tyler would be signed by top schools in the nation right now. You people are providing a tremendous amount of pressure for this 16 year old kid. Let him grow into a man before you crucify him with expectations. Tyler, if you read this I want you to understand that I'm not knocking you in any way. I wish you the best and remember one thing-Potential means nothing. Gods gift to you is your talent, what you do with your talent is your gift to God.

I do believe that he is the best soph. in the state right now! You guys who doubt him or his ability are just adding fuel to the fire! This man/child will read this, and when he does it will make him even better! He will not mind showing all you guys next year after another summer of Pump and Run AAU! You all doubted him and the team this year and see what it got you! You are giving him the fuel for his burning desire to crush all who get in his way! Its happened once and it will happen again! :D

Go to the SVSM Giles Co thread that is locked. Obviously someone thought they could play against them, and some of you guys even said SVSM is 10times the better team after Lebron. That kind of audacity tells us something. I'm not stereotyping anyone, I know some of the Giles Co. fans are just middle of the road fans...they aren't ludacris in there thinking...as far as credibility goes, I have made dumb comments on here, I've also made good ones too (15 good marks) so I think that I have done pretty good job over the last 14 months I've been here...say, how long have you been on this site to establish credibility?

(You don't answer questions like that, they are rhetorical)

EGO! The guy who started the thread about GC being the best team in the nation, was absolutely crazy. You read some of his posts I am sure. Not all of us GC fans are like that, but we do stand for what we believe in and right now, that is Tyler "BIRDMAN" Smith. We really don't care what everyone else thinks or says, we know that in the end, we will be the one's saying, "I told ya so", just like we did after the CATZ won the STATE.

and some of you guys even said SVSM is 10times the better team after Lebron. I am some of you guys! STOP Sterotyping GC people! If you would go back and read that entire thread you would have read what I posted! I said that idiot is no GC fan! All teams have some who post things that should never be posted. That does not group the whole fan base for that team! The amount of time you spend on a website does not make you more credible than others! It is your insight and ideas that make you credible! I have 8 good marks but that does not make me more credible than anyone with 7 or less!

Tyler Smith is not really overrated----hes a great player....but he is still way too young to be the best player out of Tennessee. I also dont think he is the best sophomore to come out of Tennessee. Dont get me wrong, he is awsome and I loved to see him play...but as someone said earlier he may not grow anymore and stay at 6'6 and for someone that is 6'6 and does not have the ability to shoot from outside and I mean a good range of about 23 feet or more then he wont go to a big time college like Kentucky, Duke, Arizona, North Carolina. And Pulaski what you said earlier about the Delks only getting SEC offers? You said not from big time teams.. Have you noticed that the SEC is one of the best basketball conferences in the Nation and has always been and will always be.I gues not. And every coach in America is not Buzz Petterson (who sucks) and Callipari (who let his team complain about their seed in the tounrment and got put out but a team that beat them by 13). But Tyler is great and he will get better. Just tring to point some things out to you.

Yall people need to stop pumping Tyler's head up with all this stuff. Geez by the way yall are talking, he should just quit working on his game and just stay where he is. Your doing the kid wrong by saying he can go straight NBA or can easily go to Duke, UK, Zona, etc. right now. Do you not realize what your doing? He gets on this site and reads things about him everyday im sure. When he sees everyone comparing him to all these great NBA players its gonna make him have a HUGE head. He needs to be able to shoot better outside the paint before he can go NBA or to the best of colleges. Please people, your blowing this player's head up. He's got 2 more years to improve, but he's not gonna try to improve if he assumes already he's the best and could go ANYWHERE right now!?!?

Ballin,

I agree with you that the SEC was big-time, but I don't think that's what was meant by the statement. Big-time, NATIONAL programs is more what was meant. Ever notice how little Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, etc., rely on in-state talent? Most SEC teams (Kentucky being the exception) recruit primarily from the Southeast... thus a good ballplayer receiving interest from a few SEC schools would not be unusual.

On the other hand, high-profile programs like Duke and Kansas basically have their pick of the cream of the crop in each recruiting class. Receiving interest from one of these schools would generally mean that the player in question is VERY good.