Riverdale..Just a Local Powerhouse

WarriorFan

eagle79, I cannot tell you the last time BA lost to a 5A school, including Riverdale and Oakland, Franklin Co., Brentwood High, Lincoln Co., Jefferson Co, Franklin High, and any other 5A school you want to bring in. They have, however, lost to 4A Maryville, Marion Co. BA has less than 350 kids. This is not said to get a public/private debate going, it is to say that CPA just might beat Riverdale. Size of school means nothing. :D

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-7-03 4:27P]

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Brandon100:

eagle79, I cannot tell you the last time BA lost to a 5A school, including Riverdale and Oakland, Franklin Co., Brentwood High, Lincoln Co., Jefferson Co, Franklin High, and any other 5A school you want to bring in. They have, however, lost to 4A Maryville, Marion Co. BA has less than 350 kids. This is not said to get a public/private debate going, it is to say that CPA just might beat Riverdale. Size of school means nothing. :D

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-7-03 4:27P]

Here's a link that might help. Earl Nall has all the public vs. private records from 1993 through 2000. BA is 53-3. Riverdale is 3-2.

http://enall.home.att.net/privpub.htm

[Edited by itzme on 4-7-03 4:35P]

Boy, I can tell the high schools are let out by the number of posts suddenly on this topic!

If you guys notice, I don't bother calling you names or so forth, because I have been following Riverdale and high school football in TN since before most of you were born.

All this post is about is that Riverdale and the rest of you guys play weak schedules, though you think it is tough. Forget 5A....go play 4A Maryville and see how tough lower classifications are. I think you will find out when you play CPA. :D

Dude, when you say that riverdale needs to find better competition, you are dissin on my school. Oakland. As well as the other schools they play. Incase you didnt read what some1 else said, riverdale is in an 8 team region. That means they have to play 7 region games. In case u dont realize, we are students too. Most coaches would rather schedule games where they could leave on friday afternoon,than leave on thursday. That takes time away from our education. Most coaches dont even really like leaving early from school, if it can be helped. Some times it cant. But, by going out of state, that means they would leave on thursday, come back either late friday night, or saturday. Most guys have jobs, so they would have to work. Plus make up work the next week that they missed the week before, WHILE having practice. Some guys work during the week. PLUS the school work for that week. So, the way i see it, there is far less to gain from goin out of state than u have stated.

olineathlete, I totally agree with you.

Brandon100 and itzme, who gives a crap if their team is in the USA Today Top 25 or any other poll. All a poll is is an

opinion. Being ranked in a poll isn't what wins state championships. Thanks to whoever posted Tennessee's teams that have been in the Top 25 to correct what I said about the 2001 Riverdale team. There are so many polls out there

that I guess that I looked at a different one. Riverdale may be just a "local powerhouse" as yall say, but just think how much better they would be if they were also allowed to give scholarships and recruit legally like BA and MBA does.

OnlineAthlete, first of all, I am picking you guys to beat Riverdale this year. I saw a really good hitting defense last year at Oakland when they played Riverdale.

Regarding having to leave on Thursday, you don't. We left to play many games 250 miles away at 1:00pm to play at 7:30pm. We also came back that same night. You guys don't have a clue as to what I am talking about because you have never been there. You could be at Huntsville, Al in 1 1/2 hours. You wouldn't even have to leave school early!

You just don't understand. Let's hear from other folks who have played on teams that played out of state games, or games out of your area in TN. Did you ever find yourself having to stay overnight? I don't think as a whole you did. Speak up!

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-7-03 6:36P]

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-7-03 6:37P]

BHSOL, I forgive you for your remarks, because I know that you are young, impressionable and believe propaganda that you read. That argument is dead, because it has been proven in the highest court that BA never did anything illegal. MBA does nothing illegal either. Case closed.

Now, when will you guys play better competition? That is what this thread is about.

Ok, your out of ur time Brandon. We leave school at like 11 when we go play Linclon county. And, i have gone far away for football.AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I HAVE GONE FARTHER AWAY FROM MIDDLE TENNESSEE. My freshman Year, we had to play sevier county in the semi finals. That is past knoxville. We left at like 7 in the morning, and the only reason that we didnt leave on the thursday before was because it was thanksgiving. Why would any coach be stupid enough to schedule a game where his team rides on a bus for 3 plus hours, then gets off immediately and plays a game. Thats got to be one of the stupidest things i have seen on this board yet. If that happens, then your team is not going to preform the way they can. its common sense. That would take away from the whole reason you took the trip. And please, dont insult Bhsol, or argue with him. I may not know him real well, but i did play football with im,and that makes him a friend. SO BACK OFF.

[Edited by olineathlete on 4-7-03 7:19P]

Online Athlete, so I cannot argue with you guys, but you can argue with and insult me. HA! What a joke.

We took a Greyhound, just as the public schools I have seen who go out of town for more than 75-100 miles. We slept on the way. Any ex-BA player on this board can back this up that we NEVER stayed overnight, or left before lunch, unless it was a trip bigger than a drive to Memphis or Knoxville. I always remember getting in around 12-1am. We always did quite well against our opponents, thank you. Furthermore, you are basically questioning the all-time winningest active coach in the nation regarding the way he does things. I think he (Flatt) knows much more than you or I.

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-7-03 7:29P]

Your right, i am sorry for insulting you, i got angry. But i can question Flatt's ways. Anybody can. To me, and most other coaches, it doesnt make sense to drive for 4 hours, then get out and play. Maybe its just b/c i went to oakland, and we got it great there. But we always left with time to get to the town, eat, go to a hotel, watch a movie, do a walk through, then go to the stadium and get ready. I dont know, maybe all schools dont do that. We leave to get to the restaurant at 3. we have 4 and a half hours before the game gets started. Whether or not flatt believes in this is up to him. But it dont make sense to go ride for hours and then play. I know i wouldnt play as well as i could gettin off a bus and playig like that.

Any way, u neve said anything bout what i said in my last post. Is it b/c u realize that i am right? That school and the lives of the players prevent them from going out of state. Also, the players wouldnt be as hyped playin a team they knew nothing about, as opposed an Oakland Riverdale, oakland blackman game. So besides the u saying to play better competition(which i dont believe you have to leave state to do) wat other points to you have that would make a team go out of state.

Guest region4fan

Brandon...just one question. Were you insinuating that all the schools in our region play WEAK teams???? If so, you just mightily INSULTED your beloved BA. Why???? Because they are one of our non-region games this fall. So which is it....do we play weak teams at Oakland or not??(We also scrimmaged BA every fall.) Now let me get this straight, if we play some podunk school in Alabama , another one in KY,and then BA for our non-region games, then we will be the state champions??? Yeah..........I will tell Marty to get right on it.

[Edited by region4fan on 4-7-03 9:28P]