Request for prayer...

KevB1990

I have had the pleasure of knowing Matt for the last few years. I helped conduct a Don Eddy Camp in Seymour a few years back and have watched Matt play the last couple of years at Rutledge. Matt is a fine young man with a great family. I also know his uncle Doug and cousin Chase. These are some of the finest people you will ever want to meet. The families of Hancock Co. and Lincoln Memorial University basketball send our prayers and thoughts to Matt, his family and the Rutledge sports community.

[Edited by Campbelle2 on 4-4-03 11:17A]

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a prayer coming from this UT student for Matt today. The kid sounds like nothing less than a class act. Just keep on fighting and knowing that there is an army behind you Matt. Also, remember this quote from the late coach Jim Valvano. "Don't give up, don't ever give up."

Matt is in surgery right now...they decided to go ahead and get him in there so the mending process can begin.

Poor fella. He's already rail-thin, now he's gonna be on a liquid diet for six weeks or more.

But thank God he's still with us. I feel more fortunate by the hour because I hit a tree last October and came away with nothing but a jammed thumb and a headache.

It is truely amazing how something bad can be turned around for good. How total strangers can be united in a common cause and go to our Lord and Savior and pray for Matts recovery.

I have prayed for not only his recovery but what God will do with this testimony that he has allowed Matt to have. I pray that this accident will bring people to the "Great Physician" and to the "Cross". My continued prayers, and may God receive the glory for it.

Matt did very well in surgery. He's going to be in the Trauma Center at UT for a few more days before the move him into a room. Talked with his dad and he said Matt is in very good spirits and knows he's going to have a long recovery period.

Several of his classmates have already been by both late last night and this evening to support the family while they waited for news.

His mom said it'd be 6-8 weeks for his jaw to heal properly and that they're using a nasal line to help him breathe easier because of the swelling in his tounge and mouth. I haven't got to see him yet, but I probably will by the time he gets put into a room.

Bless all of you prayer warriors! This really gives me confidence in the natural good nature in all of us. I'll keep you all updated.