Brandon Wright, one of the top talents Nationally

gomab2

As if he hasn't had enough hype so far, BA's Brandon Wright, who plays summers with the Murfreesboro Stars, is one of the better prospects to come through TN in quite a while...

I saw the kid again tonight at the Riverdale Hoops Classic, and he was amazing. He is now 6'8, and can do it all. His Stars 15's team won easily tonight in a 16:u age group, and did so behind Wright's amazing inside/outside play...

The kid is a clone of future-NBA star Chris Bosh of Georgia Tech.....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon Wright looks as if he has all the potiential to be one of the best players to come out of Tenn. in a long time. However, Gomab comparing him to Chris Bosh is a bit ludacris he was the freshman of the year in the ACC and projected top 5 pick in the draft if he comes out. Hold off on a making him one the the nations top prospects long enough to see how his game progresses. If you are refering to just comparing thier size wouldn't you say that Wright resembles Tayshaun Prince's frame more?

[Edited by Theanswer on 4-5-03 11:03P]

i would just like to extend what Gomab and WesVols have said, Brandon Wright can play. I played verse him this year and he was pretty good. Although i did have one advantage that was his weakness... his strength. I was able to control him moslty, but it really didn't matter on defense, cause he would score anyways. I mean when i boxxed him out, i controled him. He is a very nice guy and has alot of potiential. I've seen him play numerous times and only once have i seem him make a facial expression at a bad call. He cleanly blocked a guy and the ref called a foul, he made an expression like he was mad, but then he quickly got over it. (a sign of a great player) I guess what i'm trying to say is that he is a great player that dosen't have a tipical attitude of someone who dominates the game and if he hits the weights, he will pretty tuff to beat.

God Bless America!!!!

What about wrights teammate chris slay...? He is a good lil player prolly gets it for his bro Ron (SEC PLAYER OF THE YR)I think chris would be more affective and a better player if the coach would let him play instead of subbing 5 players in an out at a time.....By the way i seen BA play at the state tourney an chris had the first 6 or so points....then he gets taken out just as he is warmin up...Also B Wright is a good player but he need to put on some weight an bulk up a little...By the way he is no where near Bosh far from it....But i would like to see him become the next Bosh...who knows....?

[Edited by booboodafoo12 on 4-5-03 11:26P]

Boo, Coach Pitts state-championship-winning strategy is to use a rotation of about 10 players, subbing them in and out frequently to keep them fresh, provide matchup difficulty, and avoid foul trouble. Also, everyone gets to play and buys into the system. I'd say it worked pretty well! :D

I agree, Chris Slay is fabulous. He has an awesome vertical leap, and is a strong defensive player. I can't wait to see him develop, though I'll be at UT next year. :D

If Brandon is amazing and I agree he is...best to EVER come along at BA....why no mention on the 3 all-state teams..sure he is a freshman but that should not be a factor..is he good enought to lead his team to state..yes...is he good enough to be the state tournament MVP..yes.....how can he be left off the all-state team???

I saw Bosh a number of times in AAU, and have seen Wright in AAU, and they are almost identical to me. Both are Loooooooooong, rangy leftys that can handle the rock, hit the outside shot, put it on the floor, as well as do "big man things"...

I am so incredibly impressed with Brandon Wright. If you saw him in High School, you haven't seen anything. Make a trip out to see him this summer, and you will be completely amazed. He ran all five positions at one time or another against us yesterday....

Not to mention being left off the All-Midstate team. What a sorry excuse for high school newspaper coverage by the Tennessean.

Boo, to answer your question, I'm a senior at Brentwood Academy this year and will be at UT in the fall. :D

[Edited by WesVols on 4-6-03 1:24P]