Elizabethton Cyclones

Guest whouwitetown

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after defeating a not so good unicoi co. team elizabethton has now lost to sullivan north who lost to johnson co. and to sullivan central to fall to 6-5 in the conference. pitching is just not there. bowers pitched well against central but the defense was terrible. cyclones did not bring their bats to the game. how can hv nearly lose to hampton? too much talent on the warriors team for the game to be even close.

Coach McKinney, you said "CHARLES IS GOING TO BE A GOOD PLAYER BUT RIGHT NOW WE HAVE A SR.JR,SOPH IN FRONT OF HIM" Charles is already a good player as former coaches, players bookeepers and fans have told you,... as you never scouting this out for yourself. He was hitting homeruns in middle school games as a sixth grader. He was putting baseball on top of middle schools last year. I could go on and on about what he has done, but the word is what he could do for you.

You said " IF YOU WANT TO COMPLAIN STAND IN LINE, I don't come to the games anymore because that's all i would hear from every direction, complaints complaints complaints, and it wasn't about any of the kids. So you can guess what is was about. You have the greatest players in Tennessee on your team. I can prove that to you, Zack Stipes has won two State Championships, Nat Tradway has won two State Championship, Travis Bowers, Ricky Garrison, Charles Peters, Michael Shields have won State Championships. But Jr. Babe Ruth don't count is your record book. And Yes I stated Michael Shields because he should be playing. You may not care if he plays or not, but what is Coach Ensor at Unaka didn't care if Swearingen played or not??? You are a great man in a High place. All these kids look up to you, not only in high school but in middle school and in (Jr. Babe Ruth), Little Leagues ETC, they all want to play high school baseball.

You stated "BASEBALL IS NOT SOMETHING YOU JUST PICK UP ON THE BACKYARD" Holy Cow! My son did, and most every kid I know started learning the game of baseball in their back yard. The first step to learning baseball is throwing with dad or hitting in your back yard. Your Stat keeper has taught several kids how to throw a ball and field in his back yard. They sure don't just step out of playing basketball and walk onto the field and learn to play. This is the clincher you said "SWEEP THE DIRT OUT OF WATER HOLES AND PLAY" How do you sweep dirt out of a water hole, I can see you have no experience at this, it would be better to sweep the water off of the field so kids can play. not just say well the field is wet, we can't practice today! see you tomorrrow. Your were a great player and your a good coach, and one of the finest men i know,but putting messages on bash boards for kids and sports critics isn't part of the game. Whether Charles, Shields, or any other player makes the varsity isn't any of my business, thats what you get paid to do, but when coaches don't make the right choices or decision, they are just like the captain, they go down with the ship.

Looks like EHS baseball hit rock bottom this week.I got to see a couple of games and this is how I see it.Started with a big win on Tue over Erwin,went down hill on Wed-North,two losses.Who decided to play two games with the #1 team,on ther field and have to come back and play the other #1 team on Thur Central-lost,Hampton on Fri-lost.It time to forget about this,Its over,so get over it.Coaches need to be more positive and stop dropping there head,everytime something goes wrong.Players need to start playing like they can.Its time to come together and grow up and stop the finger pointing. It starts with the head man,Coach step up and lead you'll TEAM into battle next week,don"t quit on them,get them ready for district.Players coach can't go up there and hit for you,Its time to step up to the plate and hit it and make the plays in the field. I look for great things out of this team.I know what you can do,if you want it.Play with heart.YOU CAN DO IT

THINK ABOUT THIS CYLONE PLAYERS:

No problem is insurmountable. With a little courage, teamwork and determination a person can overcome anything.

When we step out on the baseball field this week and come between those lines we need to clear our heads, pick every member of them team up,play with heart and with spirit,and work as a whole,as a TEAM.Which is what we are the CYCLONES.