Trey Pearson

Jumpshot

Can anyone out there enlighten us as to the reasons for Trey's decision to transfer from Ole Miss? Since he was starting, it would seem that playing time wasn't the problem. I know he's a scorer and thought maybe his role as point guard might have caused him some adjustment problems. Anyone know? Just curious.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other than what I read in the paper. I am just speculating...but does anyone think he will transfer to UT Martin? Based on the article...it seems like he really wants to be close to home...and there is no where closer than that.

Forgive me if there has been other posts about this...I didn't scroll back far. I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Playing time definitely was not the reason he is transferring from Ole Miss. From what i heard,he was cutting classes in school and the coach was gonna run him off. I dont know that for a fact. I heard that he is going to transfer to Murray State and play over there.

ok..first off...he's not going to UT Martin. And secondly..that last comment was the most uninformed statement I've ever heard about this situation. He was NOT cutting classes. And Coach Barnes was definitely not going to run him off the team. He tried his best to get him to stay. Playing time obviously wasn't the problem. He would like to be closer to home...but that's not all of the reason for the transfer either. He was perfectly fine with playing the point. He enjoys that. It wasn't that he wanted more shots...he just...wasn't crazy about the system at Ole Miss. If any of you watched any of their games...I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Trey's game is more of a wide-open game. He can run a set offense anytime...but...i think everyone could tell that their was a LOT of restrictions in their offense. He did what he was asked to do though. As for where he's going...he's not completely sure. It's not definite that he's going to Murray State. Just give him time to make his decision. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that nothing negative led him to his decision to leave Ole Miss.

8 Dane Bradshaw 6'4 2G White Station Committed-Tennessee...those are you picks right? I am sure you don't believe he is capable of playing at Tenn. but considering you have him ranked as the # 8 senior in the state you must have seen something in his game that I have missed. You have him ranked above Gasol? Care to explaine that one?

From what i've understood, it is definentely about the way Ole Miss plays (SLOOOOOWWWWWW). Same reason Loe is leaving. I have heard that Trey has talked to Murry State, South Carolina, and Oklahoma. On the other hand.....rumor has it that Rod Barnes is trying to get to Clemson and if he leaves...I've heard Jeff Lebo's name.