The Best pitchers in state ALL classes

iconu2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right behind Danielle in A I would put Christy Cunningham.

Indian and Footballfanatic- Now I know that Catalano has pitched some good games. But I really would have to look at these teams. I would not call my team a hitting team. We have some strong ones, but we are not like Beech, or Goodpasture as far as depth goes, and we hit her well. I just don't understand how a good hitting team would have a problem with her. You sit, you wait. You make her throw you a good pitch and don't chase anything early in the count. She will try to make you chase something stupid, then she has to come right in there with a strike.

When you look at pitchers that are gonna throw 1 hitters or no hitters against good teams you gotta see people like Megan, or Danielle b/c they have the speed and movement to be really effective. I just don't see that with Catalano, but maybe I just saw her on a bad day. Anyways good luck to Coffee for the rest of the year.

Also, I have never faced Frizell is it from Soddy? So she may be up there, I have no idea. And that other pitcher from Beech, I don't know her name, but she throws well. The new Junior.

iconu2-That Beech game was really fun. They are a really nice team with a lot of good ball players. I really enjoyed playing that game. Maybe next time we will hit.

[Edited by EzellSoftball04 on 4-7-03 9:10P]

Here are the top six that I have seen from Southeast Tennessee in no particular order.

Sarah Warren-Boyd Buchanan

Ashley Bain- Walker Valley

Ashley Frizell- Soddy Daisy

Harris- Soddy Daisy

Ashley Adkins- East Ridge

Sarah Houser- Sweetwater

Brittany Rice- Ooltewah

Unfortunately, I only have one pitcher this year. Therefore, we could not play in any tournaments and risk losing Bain for the season.

Garyknows- Huh? Katherine Harrison, unstopable? 70 mph? Riiight! In a fantasy world! Katherine is a good pitcher.If she is on. But you get in her head, and start hitting her, she is done. I think Ryans record thus far will show that. She doesn't throw incredibly hard. Just hard enough to be affective. I would not put her up with Rhodes and Pieroni. She is too easily shook. Nice girl though. I like her a lot.

p.s. If a ball starts at my head and ends at my feet there is NO WAY I am swinging!

All the pitchers listed so far have been from the Chatt. or Nashville area. I guess they dont play softball in the Knoxville area. The best pitcher in the state is .....GRETCHEN PRUGH-- Maryville. Just because she is not from Chatt. or Nashville doesnt mean she cant play..

Here is some more TOP pitchers in the State from KNOX area.

Beth William--Gibbs-Sr.---White Lighting

Kerri Onks--William Blount-Sr.---Knox Thunder

Sally Gayle--Bearden--So.---Maryville Elite

I'm sure you would know wouldn't you Ezell. You played us once and Katherine didn't have her "boys" behind her. When the "boys" are there, she has been unstoppable. You better hang on to the fact that the umpires called darkness giving you guys a win when we were getting ready to win. That is something I do know.

I can see why you would say that about Falon Catalano. But the truth is, really did just catch her on a very bad day. Her pitches really do move very well, her rise ball is awsome. I know that she can pitch well against good teams because just a couple of weeks ago she shut out Beech in a 1-0 Coffee County win and also pitched very well in the waverly tourney which Coffee County went undefeated in. That included a 1-0 shutout of hendersonville as well, and numerous other shutouts. She has been awsome all year long.

Also, she got hit by a pitch at some point in the tourney and it bruised her foot up pretty good, i am not making excuses for her or anything, but i asure you that she ranks up there with the best pitchers in the state. It is just unfortunate that she was not on during this very big tournament.