The Best pitchers in state ALL classes

iconu2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think y'all are being a little too hard on a girl for having one bad game. A pitcher sould be judged on the season not just one game. For example, I remember watching Jennifer Wright during her junior or sophmore year get absolutely lit up by Davidson Academy. They scored 11 runs on her with a couple of dingers. She would have been run ruled had Ezell not scored some thenselves. Nobody said, "OK she's done, she's no good", they just said sh had a bad day, which was true. I think she probably had the best record in the state and was named player of the year. I watched Ezell scorch Rachel Hawkins for 10 runs and a run rule. I've seen Meagan Rhodes get 5 or 6 runs scored on her, but it doesn't take away from how great a pitcher she is. All I'm saying is everyone is gonna have a bad outing once in a while so don't come down on them so hard for one bad game. JMO

I've really enjoyed the comments about the pitchers in this thread. I see that most of the players have a great deal of respect for each other.

Although statistics can be misleading, I was curious if anyone had any statistics to kind of back up their assessment of the pitchers. For example, what are the ERA, or strike outs per game average, etc. It would be interesting to see.

Good luck to everyone.

mynameis-- i dont know what to say or where to start, well of course im going to take up for Falon no matter what, but second of all i thought you were a CC supporter but your making me wonder, come on man forget it and loosen up. theses boards are for positive posts not negative, fballfanatic posted positive but you wanted to throw in the other, but then again i guesse the truth hurts.

have good day

A

[Edited by bigA52 on 4-11-03 12:33P]

cornpup, I agree these players do have a lot of respect for each other. Often I believe school ball is only a tune up for the real fun; playing with each other in the summer. One thing I have noticed about ALL the players everyone has batted around. THEY ALL are great kids who are fine players and love the game. This is what it's all about.

BigA52,

I am probably the biggest CC supporter you know and that is a fact. I just try to be a very objective observer when posting things on this website. I want people to know both sides of things. Thats all I can really say is that even though I am a die hard CC fan I am usually fair to all and try to say things that are truth.