Standouts

erupt

Who are the standout athletes around Columbia,Tullahoma, lincoln county, Riverdale, oakland, Coffee county teams? Which guys have the potential to go to the state? I am real interested in this region! I heard that had alot of athletes in it. The 4x4 in the Stan Mcnabb Invitational wasn't won by Tullahoma, Tullahoma came in second and Oakland won. I found out the names of the runners for the 4x4 team for Tullahoma, Chris Bond, Joey Garcia, Michael Suits, and anchor man Calvin Brazier!!! I also found out that Tullahoma's Quavaris Northcutt was slight injured, wasnt 100 percent, anyone have any information on any of these teams or standout athletes?

I dont know about all of the teams, but i do know that Tullahoma has a good 3200 guy named Brad Shelton and they always have a good sprint program it seems. Oakland too always has a pretty good team but a guy to watch there is Jim Hurder, he was good in XC and he runs the 3200 and the 1600.

As far as distance goes:

Yeh, Shelton's good, but not just in the 3200. He's also fabulous in the 1600 and 800. Of course, he's a senior, and Hurder's only a soph. I'll tell you what though-that other Oakland soph isn't too bad either. Kevin Huie? (I think that's close to his name. He ran in the 10's and a sub 5 mile all in the same day @ Stan McNabb. Columbia's got a good distance runner, but he couldn't make it to Stan McNabb. Oh yeh, another thing, T-towns also got an awesome distance runner in junior Casey Thomas; he excells more in XC but don't be surprised if he takes the baton next year from Brad on the 2mile in the district. From what I hear, Lebanon's got some stellar frosh distance runner but I haven't seen any action. If you're gonna count Oakland and Riverdale in this area, lemme throw in Cookeville's Justin Birdwell. This kid is fast...in the 32, 16, and the 8. Don't get me wrong, though...I'm not saying this district even comes close to the Knoxvilles and the Memphises, and so on, but if you're from this area, these are the cats to watch.

Peace

Lincoln Co.'s Nettie Halcomb smashed everyone today @ T-town (District Meet). 11:40ish on the 2mile, 5:29 on the mile, and 2:27 in the open 8. Remember, she did all this on the same day. What's crazy, is no one was even close in any of these races. She was barely outta breath...and I'm pretty certain that, if pushed, she'll have a chance to compete respectfully at state. Of course, if she laid back and just focused on one race, who knows? Like I say, she wasn't pushed today. You gotta give her credit. [Oh and, for the people who all want times for this district, lemme just restate myself when I say that this district is by no means anywhere close to the speed or skill of East Tn, Nash, or Memphis teams. The cat who started the thread just wanted to know who the standouts were from THIS district. Our times won't hold a candle to the big track meccas across the state; if someone backs up 'claims' with times, it's not to say 'Hey, this district'll smash anyone' (cause we won't) If someone puts up times, it's just to better support and define the quote 'standouts' of THIS district.]

Peace

In the tullahoma meet last fri., Coffee County's Alan Knox got first in the mile with a time of 4min. 42sec. beating Shelton of Tullahoma. I think he also won the Stan Mcnabb Inv. Coffee County also has a great sprinter in Joseph Slater. I believe he also won the 100 meters in this last meet and the Stan Mcnabb meet. Anyone know what his time was?

football fanatic:

If I'm not mistaken, Joseph Slater clocked a 11.49 at Stan McNabb and close to 11.00 flat last Friday at District 8. They've got cams at the T-town so I'd say the times are pretty accurate. I'm quite sure about the Stan McNabb time, but not 100 percent on the District 8. If I find out for positive, I'll let ya know.

Peace

I know that for Tullahoma in the recent meet , Dawkins from Tullahoma won the 300 and 110 hurdles , Calvin Brazier won the 400 meter run and Joey Garcia won the triple jump. Does anyone know who won the 4x1? And who is on the 4x1 team that won?